Chapter 6

"Pizza?" Toga offered with a small smile. "I felt like having pizza, but I bought two in case you wanted some."

"Bought?" Midoriya asked, smiling slightly with a tired laugh. He was trying his best to act normal, but he was just so tired...

"Yeah, actually. Here. Margarita." Toga opened up the box and put it on the table in the kitchen before Midoriya, doing her best to 'casually' shove his notebook away. Midoriya pretended not to notice, taking the slice of pizza with an appreciative nod and leaning back in his chair, while glancing at his notebook, trying to re-read what he wrote despite Toga's attempts.

He had written down exactly what happened before his first 'nightmare' happened, what happened during his first nightmare, second nightmare, third nightmare...And it hurt to read. He could still feel his headache, and it was worsening the more he felt tired. And he felt very tired, but not only because he had been trying to keep himself awake.

He had somehow managed through the night after the robbery without falling asleep, constantly sipping on soda and eventually asking Kurogiri for coffee. It didn't help much, but at least he wouldn't end up fainting. For the next hour or so, that is.

"So? Anything new?" Twice walked up to Midoriya, standing next to Toga. Midoriya tried his best to play cool at their closeness, noticing how Toga even went as far as leaning on the older male.

He had nothing against them at all. He was truly happy for Toga that she seemed to actually want to be with Twice, and the other way around. Even if it meant she had fallen in love with someone almost twice her age, but...They were all freaks here, weren't they? So who was he to judge?

"Not much. So far, I can only hope to stay awake for as long as possible. And that might...Might make things worse when I go to sleep, but it's already too late for that." Midoriya stated with a sigh, his thoughts and speech slightly mushed as he tried to get his tired brain working. He really hated being sleep deprived...

"Isn't there a way to fight back? Or, like, kill him in the dream?" Dabi offered, turning around on the sofa to look at the group. Shigaraki just barely tensed, but Midoriya noticed, and he simply shook his head.

"I don't think so. Even if I had the chance, I already missed it."

"Do you really..." Shigaraki started to ask, but hesitated. He quickly regained his composure by sucking in a breath and slightly shaking his head before fully turning towards them from the sofa next to Dabi. "Do you really think he's gonna take over?"

"I can control my quirk almost perfectly. I know what I felt, and it definitely wasn't panic or something that got me out of control. Besides..." Midoriya cracked his knuckles nervously as he frowned at his notebook. "I just-I know what I felt. It wasn't me. That's why I knocked myself out." Shigaraki let out a long sigh.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." Shigaraki stated, shooting up from his seat too quickly for it to not be a nervous action before stomping into the males' bedroom, shutting the door behind him loudly. Dabi stood up as well, surprising Midoriya, and walked after the blue-haired male.

"Me too. He's probably gonna end up wreaking havoc somewhere, so someone's gotta keep an eye on him." Without waiting for a response, he opened the door and also stepped into the bedroom, closing it much quieter behind himself.

Midoriya tried to ignore the strange behavior, knowing all too well that Dabi hadn't decided to tag along just to babysit. However, he felt too tired to care, and he simply hoped they wouldn't end up getting in trouble as he hung his head backwards exhaustively.

"I'm so tired..." Midoriya murmured, closing his eyes and feeling sleep already start to overcome him despite the uncomfortable position. He forced himself to raise his head and glared at the table in front of him, realizing that he couldn't even read the notebook anymore. His vision was blurry enough after he woke up, and now it was even more so because of his growing exhaustion.