Chapter 11

Midoriya didn't tell Bakugo.

He kept quiet about his quirk to everyone except for his mom; he made up a story about how he discovered it too, to not sound suspicious.

"Mom...Can we talk?" Midoriya knew there was no going back after those words.

"Yes sweetie? Is something wrong?" Inko put down the knife with which she was cutting carrots for dinner. Midoriya inhaled slowly and a smile slowly creeped on his face, his eyes truly shining with happiness he hadn't felt in a long time. 

"Mom...I got a quirk!" He exclaimed, not being able to contain his excitement. Now that the headache faded away, he understood just how truly amazing having a quirk was; and a powerful one for that matter! It almost felt like a dream, and yet, he knew it wasn't. 

He didn't get a response from his mother, though. He looked at his mom questioningly, but then saw the tears in her eyes.

"M-Mom-!" He exclaimed nervously, only to be embraced tightly by the short woman. He could hear his mom sobbing into his shoulder, and he slowly hugged her back.

"Mom...It finally happened. The doctor was wrong..." Midoriya lied. But at that moment it felt like the truth. It felt like it was somewhere deep inside of him, waiting to be discovered, before he even met the league, something that had been destined to him if not by birth, then by fate. 

"Sweetie...I'm so happy for you..." Inko sobbed.

"Thank you mom...Me too. Me too..." Midoriya whispered back.

Now, as hard as it was to contain his excitement every time Bakugo snapped at him a rude remark, he knew it was for the better. Not only would it ruin Bakugo when he found out he had gotten into the Hero Course of UA, he was ready to get exploded for the sake of seeing Bakugo's reaction when Midoriya will beat him with it. 

Now, all he had to do was wait. Now, all he had to do was train. And then, all his suffering, all his pain, it will all pay off. 

8 Months Later...

Midoriya panted as Toga let out a small giggle, trying to catch her breath without him noticing.

"You know, it's finally getting exciting to play with you!" Toga teased, and before Midoriya could answer, she leaped towards him, seeming to want to use her speed to pin him down. He knew it was a trick, but there wasn't any way that knowledge would help him with what came next: that's the reaction training.

It almost seemed that Toga moved at random, and it kind of was. Every time they trained, she always moved different after this move. She had only repeated her movements a few times, and that was an accident as she later on said, since you can't keep changing movements infinitely, and even she was bound to repeat at times. 

She spread her legs a little wider, before pushing herself with her left leg, then her right, bouncing professionally side to side. She landed next to the wall, and without loosing momentum placed her foot that still hasn't landed on the wall. She jumped off the floor with the leg that was still on the ground, and using her momentum, pushed herself off the wall and did a back flip, trying to land right in front of Midoriya to cause him to try and dodge, which would be impossible at such close range. 

What she didn't know though, was that he managed to read her movements.

One thing he realized, was that memory wasn't something he needed in an actual fight: he should be able to be read their opponents movements. Their movements, technique, should be analyzed, and no matter how good a villain is, unless they got a completely opposite technique in case of an emergency, their attacks could easily be avoided and deflected and they would be defeated without too much of a problem, especially if they were short-time fighters. Midoriya in the beginning of training would've let her get him: 8 months ago, he would've tried to dodge.