Chapter 20

Bakugo cursed as he aimed another, what he had once again promised himself would be the last explosion, as unsuccessful as the other. He quickly snapped his head towards the building, noticing how the number of bodies belonging to the heroes and students was increasing, and at a dangerously high pace. Cursing under his breath once again, he propelled himself towards the hole in the wall, ignoring the helicopters that were flying above the bubble as he prepared for another, small explosion so that he wouldn't damage anyone.

The league immediately noticed him, but so did the heroes. The heroes on both sides of the league immediately perked up, and as the members of the league started to move away from where Bakugo was aiming at, the heroes used that to their advantage, and used Bakugo as a distraction to grab the dodge the weak attack from the concentrated villains, before hitting them in the stomach or punching them in the face, before pinning Spinner and Compress. The three fell to the ground, and the heroes pinned them, knocking them out. Midoriya immediately tensed up, and visibly glanced at the remaining members of the league. Suddenly, a warp portal appeared, and just as it did, Bakugo quickly kicked the villain's armor, knocking him down before pinning him, setting off warning explosions.

"Stay down." Bakugo snarled, as he side-eyed Midoriya, who was standing there, an unreadable expression on his face. "Deku. You have no clue what the fuck you're getting yourself into," Bakugo started, his glare serious as Midoriya continued to look at him with an unreadable expression, sparks of green lightning hitting the heroes and students that got too close to him and knocking them out with ease.

"I'm not going to say that it's not too late to change, because that's a lie. This will always be remembered, no matter how hard you try. But if you stop now, if you don't kill anyone, maybe, just maybe, it will be easier to forget everything you did." Bakugo gritted his teeth in worry as Midoriya stood there, still and silent as a statue, not even blinking. "The more you do this, the more you'll regret it later. I know why you joined them; you didn't want to be quirkless. Must be a pain in the ass, especially with how I treated you, and when you got your quirk from All for One, you most likely swore your loyalty to him, thinking what he did was based on kindness. But you're wrong!" Bakugo looked at Midoriya with angry eyes, a flash of passion in them as he spoke.

"You're wrong! Because they're using you! All for One gave you this quirk because he needed you as a vessel and a powerful ally! They're using you, can't you tell?!" Suddenly, Midoriya's expression changed, and Bakugo, despite being weak when it came to emotions, could tell what he saw was shock, and most likely realization. He continued, holding back a smile as he felt Midoriya start to understand what was going on. The more I distract him, the more time the heroes have to take down the leftover villains, Bakugo thought to himself, biting his lower lip in concentration, and if I manage to even convince him to fight alongside us, or give in, it'd be even easier!

Deku, meanwhile, wasn't faking his expression as the blond's words slowly sunk in.

The day I agreed to their offer because I was desperate. Because I was tired. Because I felt weak. Dabi was there, and he saved me because he wanted to find someone that day, not because he cared for my safety. Toga stabbed me without hesitation, and they tied me up and even did their best to make sure no one will know I was kidnapped.

Shigaraki accepted me because he saw me as someone who could help his master's future goals. He changed his mind once I became someone higher than him...He never liked me. He let me join because I was below him, and would be a good pawn to play with.

All for One used me as a vessel. As a powerful pawn. As someone sane enough and able to go for the job of becoming a student at UA and giving him information, giving me a powerful quirk only because he couldn't use it.