Chapter 18

Bakugo didn't know why Tsukauchi so easily agreed to him speaking with Toga, but Bakugo wasn't exactly not going to make use of that. As soon as he arrived at the gate leading to the bridge of Tartarus, he stomped confidently towards the detective and soldiers standing beside him, glaring firmly as he stepped right in front of him.

"So? Are you going to let me in or not?" Bakugo glanced at the two soldiers who stood by the detective's sides, and neither of them flinched as he glared harshly at them. They were experienced. It was relieving, in a way, while also infuriating—after all, no amount of experienced soldiers had helped deal with All for One.

"Do you have your ID with you?" Tsukauchi asked, already reaching out to take it. Of course, Bakugo did, and he handed it over to him and let one of the soldiers to his right check it thoroughly, before that soldier nodded to the other and the two turned around, the soldier who checked his ID signalling for them to follow with a gesture of his hand.

"Make it quick. We have everything according to schedule, and you're squeezing in pretty tightly."

"We'll make sure not to burden you. Bakugo?" Tsukauchi turned towards Bakugo, eyes narrowing in a suggesting gesture.

"As long as you're not going to waste our time, I'm sure we won't interfere with anything." Bakugo stated calmly yet with a hint of aggression. The soldier nodded sharply, not seeming to react to the menace behind the blond's voice.

The four of them entered a black tanned car, and the bridge was crossed quickly considering there were no other cars in the way. Once they reached the other side, there were a few more identity confirmations, scans, all the formalities Bakugo tried not to panic too much about.

Finally, they were inside. Finally, they were standing right at the grand automatic doors leading to the room just outside of Toga's cell.

"You're going in alone, but we'll be in the other room just beside you. We'll be listening to whatever the two of you say and recording it." Tsukauchi stated just as the doors hissed, preparing to open. Bakugo simply nodded in response as his thoughts went wild—she wasn't going to say what he was doing, right? She has no reason to. She can't have a reason to.

He stepped inside, and he could see the small female sitting on a bed attached to the wall of the cell. She turned towards him, and her eyes grew slightly wider in what looked like recognition. Bakugo stopped right in front of the doors as they hissed close behind him, not giving him space to take as much as even one step back.

And so, he stepped closer.

He walked up to the chair across from the glass wall and sat in, all while keeping his eyes glued on the female as she watched him just as intently. However, there was no menace, no psychopathy in her eyes. Just shock.

"Hey there, Toga Himiko. DIdn't think I'd ever see you again." Bakugo started slowly, voice low but not threatening. He felt like he couldn't sound threatening right now—after all, he himself wasn't sure how to feel about the encounter.

"Yeah. I shouldn't be surprised, though." Toga's shoulders slumped and she averted her eyes, but her gaze was still as intense even as she glared at the floor. "I knew you were going to come. I just...Didn't think that you would. It's still a surprise." Bakugo narrowed his eyes.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He told me you would come. He told me you'd find a way to meet me." Toga shook her head, unbelieving. "He didn't let me ask any questions, he said we didn't have time, but...You're really here, huh?"

"Who's 'he', Himiko? If you're saying something, at least be specific enough to understand." Bakugo leaned forward in his chair. He had an idea whom she could mean, and yet, he had to hear it. Because it was impossible. It couldn't be possible, right?