Chapter 20

"Are you serious? You made contact with him? How?" None of the members of the League could believe their ears. After all, what All Might was saying was absurd—how could he have contacted Midoriya when even they couldn't? He had to be lying.

"You're lying. You don't know anything about the situation, don't you?" Dabi snarled, clenching his fists by his sides, ready to attack. Shigaraki placed a hand onto the man's shoulder, clicking his tongue.

"As much as I hate standing up for that bastard, he's not lying. Look." Shigaraki unfolded the letter and turned it towards the other male. Dabi read the first sentence, and that's all it took for his eyes to widen before narrowing in slight annoyance.

"Seriously? The hell is up with Izuku nowadays?"

"There's a villain controlling his brain, that's one." Compress snapped, punching Shigaraki a little harshly on the shoulder. "Give him some credit."

"You're saying that as if you don't find this unbelievably stupid, marbles." Shigaraki punched him back even harder. Kurogiri looked at them, feeling as if he was witnessing a kindergarten fight.

"You're using the nickname Bakugo uses for me? Are you fucking kidding me?!" Compress snarled, outraged. Shigaraki scoffed at him, shaking his head as he crossed his arms on his chest.

"I suppose we're all on the same page now, more or less?" All Might managed out, raising his hands in slight surrender once again. The man had been trying to be as compliant as he could in order for the League to listen to him, but so far, all of them were looking at him with (expected) malice. They had aimed to kill him for so many years, and even though they weren't siding with All for One anymore, the retired hero had given them quite the trouble.

"Like hell we are. How did you contact him, and why? Aren't you aware of who he is?" Dabi asked, voice firm and glaring.

"Of course I knew. However, I also know the Midoriya that had attended UA, and he was once one of the most hardworking and determined students there. I sensed kindness and potential in him, and once he wrote to me, I felt it again."

"He wrote to you? Why would he?" Twice had stepped out of his room, eyes wide open and confused. No one commented on the fact that he had eavesdropped without them knowing, and All Might hesitated for a second, processing the situation, before clearing his throat and explaining.

"He wanted to make a deal, just between the two of us. Of course, at first, I was hesitant, but...What he wrote to me about couldn't just be left without action."

"What did he write?" It was Kurogiri's turn to ask the question, and All Might shifted uncomfortably on the spot.

"He wrote to me about All for One." Shigaraki narrowed his eyes, trying to think of how and why he would write to All Might of all people about this. It's not like All Might was on their side, neither did he have the power to help them (even if he would), so why would he even bother going through the trouble?

"Why did he write to you?" Shigaraki asked slowly, unable to fully understand what All Might was saying. All Might pointed at Shigaraki as he spoke.

"You can read a small explanation in the letter. I only caught a glimpse, but it seems like young Midoriya was kind enough to write a small explanation." Shigaraki quickly took out the letter and unfolded it, starting to read it more thoroughly than he had before (he hadn't actually read the letter, just skimmed through it without processing anything).

"Dear...well, whoever's reading this. Depending on how this goes, this letter may be in the League of Villain's hands or in All Might's, or maybe you somehow got together and are reading this. Anyway, I think I should explain before you guys try to slaughter All Might."