Chapter 18

"Like hell I'm joining you, you sick bastards!" Bakugo yelled once again. Shigaraki sighed and began another lecture of how being on their side he would have much more power and would be able to win with them all the time. Midoriya didn't roll his eyes, but that's what he really wanted to do, although it wasn't l because of Bakugo as much as it was because of Shigaraki—currently, he was a huge idiot in Midoriya's eyes if he still believed trying to persuade Bakugo was going to do anything to the blond's determination and pride.

"Besides, why aren't you lecturing Deku about this?! Just go fuck with someone else, idiot!" Bakugo seemed really pissed; they'd been like this for an hour at the very least, and Midoriya felt his hands and back ache from the way he was tied to the chair. He couldn't blame Bakugo for being as angry, and therefore loud, as he was now, but he couldn't help having to bite his tongue to refrain himself from telling him to shut up.

"He was concious while you weren't, so we've talked to him way more than we did to you: that idiot declined every time if that's what you're wondering." Shigaraki hissed, looking at Midoriya. Midoriya squirmed in his seat, uncomfortable by how truly angry Shigaraki seemed at Midoriya as well. Shigaraki wasn't only pissed at Bakugo, but at Midoriya as well because of his previous outburst, that much was obvious.

Midoriya tried his best to distract himself, but like always, his mind ended up wandering at another serious and slightly terrifying matter at hand.

All for One wants to make you his successor.

Izuku.

Why did he call him by his first name? He seemed very formal... Midoriya thought as he recalled the way All for One called Shigaraki by his last name, and everyone else too (excluding Dabi, who only got called by his name).

Why does he want me to be his successor? This quirk he gave me, he could've given it to Shigaraki, made him powerful instead of me and given me a weaker quirk...So why did he give me the quirk?! Midoriya was beyond confused, and he deeply hoped it didn't show on his face or that the others would assume it was his facade for the current situation He didn't want to be All for One's successor. He didn't want to lead the league. He was fine with being in partnership with the league (temporarily especially), but having it engraved into his heart and having to fight for it until he dies, which he would have to should he become the leader, wasn't something he was willing to do.

But what will happen to Toga and Dabi if he refuses to take the lead?

The League is their home. Even their job in a way. It was a part of their lives—no, maybe even their life itself. He can't just...He can't decline, but he can't accept either. So what is left?!

Midoriya flinched at the sound of a someone knocking on the door and snapped his bead as much as he could towards it. The rest of the League's members did so as well, and Bakugo too, and all looked wide-eyes as they tried to process what it could mean.

"Pizza delivery!" They all gaped at the door, and Muscular quirked an eyebrow as he cracked his knuckles and walked to the door.

Although suddenly, just as Muscular was about to open the door, the door burst open, sending him flying backwards and hitting his head, knocking him out in a second. Knocking Muscular out cold.

Things were already looking bad for the League, and yet, it appeared it could turn worse.

Wooden branches wrapped around the villains and the same branches snapped open the iron binds on Bakugo and Midoriya's hands. Dabi was about to light the wood on fire when he was hit by Gran Torino, knocking him out as well.

And just as if in a nightmare for any villain, All Might stood proudly, even if with a frown, along with heroes and police, barricading the exit.

"You can't run anymore, league of villains." Midoriya and Bakugo stared at All Might in disbelief. The tone in his voice wasn't something they've ever heard from him.