Chapter 8

"Playground?" Midoriya asked, blinking in surprise and excessive tiredness.

"Yeah. Blasty said you knew what he was talking about." Dabi stated, poking Midoriya slightly in the chest. To be honest, none of them were sure whether it was an accusing gesture or one to try and wake Midoriya up, but it made Midoriya squirm a little—maybe that was for the better, considering that woke him up, even if just barely.

"Yeah. I think so." Midoriya had an idea which playground Bakugo was talking about, but his thoughts quickly shifted as he once again turned to face Dabi and Shigaraki. "But really though. Did he seriously make a deal with you, even though the other two didn't agree to it?"

"Do you think we can really make this up? I'd never even consider doing that." Shigaraki scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief and annoyance. Dabi nodded in agreement, nose scrunching up slightly in disgust at the thought of the explosive blond.

Or maybe it was something else, considering the strange way he shifted his glare to the floor and looked at it in concentration, as if thinking about something. Midoriya, as much as he wanted to, was too tired to question him about it.

"Do I have to come with you?"

"Probably." Shigaraki responded before Dabi could, and Dabi frowned as he once again looked at Midoriya's sick form.

"No! You can't bring him with you! If Blasty's lying, then Izuku might be in danger!" Toga exclaimed, rushing up to Shigaraki and punching him a little too harshly in the shoulder. Shigaraki hissed in mild pain and annoyance, rubbing his shoulder.

"I get it! But do you think he'll believe us even if we told him everything? Seeing you's gonna help persuade him, which is exactly what we need right now." Shigaraki snapped back, glaring at Toga before shifting his gaze towards Midoriya as he spoke. "He's not just gonna nod his head and believe everything. You of all people should know that, Midoriya." Shigaraki made sure the nickname was made clear as he copied Bakugo's voice as much as he could, scowling sarcastically in the end.

Midoriya nodded calmly. Shigaraki had a good point, and as agonizing as the thought of having to stand up and go somewhere was, especially to try and negotiate with the one person who hated him most, he knew he had to do it.

"Yeah. I'll go. When did you say we have to be there?" Midoriya stated quietly, throwing his feet lazily off the couch and onto the floor, already feeling dizzy from just that small action.

"Izuku..." Toga called out quietly in response, her voice full of something along the line of fear and pity. Midoriya hated it, even though he loved the feeling of being cared for. But goddammit, not in this context. He didn't want his friends to worry for him everyday, thinking he was going to die at any moment.

"Midnight." Midoriya scoffed in response and Dabi playfully snickered.

"Yeah. Pretty cliché, right? Especially for someone as seemingly serious as Bakugo."

The three men laughed at the joke as the other members of the League of Villains watched them, Compress slowly turning around and whispering something to Kurogiri, who began to walk towards the kitchen and reached for one of the wine bottles. Twice and Toga meanwhile stood beside them, Toga clutching onto Twice worriedly as the latter wrapped a hand around her waist comfortingly.

Toga let out a shaky sigh.

"Stress is not good for the baby." Twice joked, poking her in the shoulder gently as he reatred, before taking her hand in his and slowly pulling them towards her bedroom. Toga giggled and rolled her eyes, her worries slowly fading away. However, that didn't mean they didn't linger.