Chapter 1

"Stupid Deku! You're seriously keeping up with your pathetic dream even when you know it's not gonna happen? You must really be an idiot!" Katsuki Bakugo sneered as he came closer to Izuku Midoriya, who was crawling backwards from him, eventually hitting a wall behind him.

"You're quirkless Deku! You might as well get over that! As a matter of fact, I'm being a true hero right by telling you this. You're welcome!" With that, he laughed with his 2 friends as they walked away from the now crying Midoryia.

No...I'll find a way to become a hero! Midoriya clenched his fists and bit his lower lip, in hope that it gave him a more confident look.

I'll become the number one hero, and you will know that you made a mistake! I won't have to look up to you anymore! Midoriya managed to let out an awkward smile as another tear came down his cheek.

"I'll do anything I can to prove you wrong Kacchan!" He snapped, obviously to himself and standing up wobbly. He knew it would take him a while to say it to Bakugo's face, so he simply wiped away his tears with his clenched fists and started walking towards his home, hoping that whenever the moment would come, it would come soon.

"I can tell by the look on your face that whatever you were just thinking about wasn't really heroic, kid."

Midoryia flinched and swirled around to see a man with black spiky hair, and strange looking stitched, connecting the strangely, possibly scarred parts of his skin with his healthy skin. He was leaning against the wall of the alley beside Midoriya, making Midoriya question how none of them had seen him earlier, tensing up at the thought. Seeming to notice Midoriya's confused and shocked expression, the man straightened, letting Midoriya realize just how menacing-looking he was, even if he was still slumping and seemingly relaxed. Midoriya felt a gut churning feeling that he was a villain, and he couldn't help but clench his fists in an unsuccessful attempt of calming himself down, the panic making his heart race.

"Didn't mean to scare ya kid. I was just wondering where a pal of mine could be going to school at, and stumbled upon you." He shrugged casually, and Midoriya quickly glanced around, trying his best to see if anyone else could help him if things went downhill. Despite wanting to be a hero, he wasn't completely stupid, and he knew that if the villain would attack him, he might not be able to fight back. "Sorry I didn't help you. 'Hoped to see that you can handle the situation yourself, but, oh well." The man stretched his arms lazily, and Midoriya flinched unwillingly at the movement, before slowly backing away from him, hoping he wouldn't notice, which didn't work as the villain quirked an eyebrow at him, crossing his hands on his chest as he spoke.

"Oh? Already leaving? C'mon, I just wanna talk kid." He said casually, making Midoriya tense up even more. Whatever the villain wanted from him, he knew it wasn't good, and he knew exactly what he needed to do if he the person in front of him was actually a villain.

And so, Midoriya started running away, fear weakening his body making him stumble and shake as he ran, but he pushed through and continued to run Anyways. In about a minute, he completely ran out of breath and started shaking uncontrollably as he fell down and leaned against a building. He saw people side-eyeing him, and slowly stood up and managed to get around the building and into an alley, where the trash from the building was in an attempt to get out of other peoples' view, suddenly feeling weak and pathetic for his actions.

He let his fear take over and started shaking even more. C'mon, I didn't run that much... I can't be this tired! Could it be his quirk? Midoriya then slowly raised his shaking hand and watched it shake and twitch, before he clenched his hand into a fist and dropped it, trying to be mad about this whole situation. But all he felt was fear.

How can I be the number one hero if I can't even control my emotions...?