Chapter 5

"Want some?"

No response. Midoriya cringed slightly as he felt his cheeks heat up, slightly embarrassed as he noticed the few glances, even if mostly concerned, thrown his and the other man's way.

"You sure? It's really good."

Still, no response. Shigaraki simply turned his head away slightly, barely bothering with his movement as he turned to glare somewhere other than his knees. Probably only because his neck got tired at staring downward for all those hours.

Midoriya let out a small, barely audible sigh before biting into the Japanese cheesecake himself, chewing on it sourly as he tried to think of a way to snap Shigaraki out of it. Now, if he could do something like he did with Dabi, he would've, but this was Shigaraki—he would just keep sulking, not even bothered by the intrigue of why Midoriya called him out. Either way, he would probably guess why and not come, if he would even bother listening to him or considering it.

In summary, there had to be some other way to lure him out of his trance. Midoriya didn't have a single idea how to do that though, thus far...

"I was thinking about going to some store. There's a new merchandise one selling hero merchandise not far from the center. Should be a blast if it won't turn into one physically—I think Kacchan is working not too far away from there."

"I wanna go!" Toga called out excitedly, standing up, her eyes lightening up as she grinned with her sharp teeth.

"I'm sure you do, but we have other plans, remember?" Twice stated with a teasing chuckle, shaking his head at Toga's excitement. Despite already being an adult, she still got as excited as she had back then when they went for things like robbing banks, stealing from bakeries, and so on. Midoriya quirked an eyebrow.

"Really?" Midoriya asked, surprised. Neither of them usually rejected the idea of going onto a robbery, which meant they were pretty serious about whatever they were planning to do.

"Yeah. We were planning to actually check out a few stores in the mall for things we need. No robbing today, though."

"Man, that sucks! We are going to go robbing later though, aren't we? I barely have any blood left."

"Are you sure? I mean, what stores are that important to go and investigate so thoroughly?" Midoriya was beyond suspicious, confused by their strange behavior.

However, Shigaraki suddenly let out an annoyed 'tch' and shook his head.

"Take the hint, idiot. They're going to buy some sex toys or some shit."

Midoriya blushed, just barely aware that Shigaraki finally spoke after such a long time.

He had not considered that. He really should've. It wouldn't have been as embarrassing if he had.

"Ah. Sorry." Midoriya barely managed out, his voice strained as he shifted in his seat. Shigaraki snorted quietly, shaking his head, before turning to stare at the space in front of him. However, a small smirk lingered on his face, and Midoriya knew it was now or never.

"So? Are you coming or what?" Midoriya grunted out, the previous embarrassment lingering as he clenched his fists on his lap. Shigaraki was silent for a few seconds, and Midoriya could only hope he was contemplating and not back to ignoring him again.

"Whatever. As long as I get to disintegrate the All Might merchandise."

"I get to burn the rest." Dabi quickly added, pointing an accusing finger at Shigaraki. "So don't you dare disintegrate them all without leaving anything for us."