Chapter 32

"Took you fucking long enough."

"Bakugo, please, you're giving off a bad impression. At least fix your tie!"

"Don't tell me what to do!" Despite those words, Bakugo fixed his tie as Togata pursed his lips beside him, Todoroki rubbing the back of his neck nervously as they walked through the corridor of the court, guards following Bakugo from close behind, practically breathing onto their necks.

"You did everything right, Katsuki. Thank you. For everything." Todoroki said, turning to look at Bakugo with a small smile on his face. Any girl would have collapsed because of that smile, but Bakugo simply rolled his eyes.

"Shut up already. You better get me out of here, I didn't do all that to rot in prison for the rest of my years."

"We'll make sure that won't happen, Bakugo." Bakugo flinched and stopped, turning around to watch as Aizawa walked around the guards, Todoroki stepping to the side so that their former teacher could walk next to the blond.

"Aizawa, sir." Bakugo greeted, surprise etched on his face. "Didn't think you'd be coming."

"Yagi is also coming, if you want to know. No one has any grudges or suspicions against you, other than those that don't know of the situation." Aizawa stated calmly, his voice gravy but nonetheless soothing to hear. Bakugo let out a sigh, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Sorry for not saying anything. I was a step away from being murdered, whether it was by the League or All for One." Bakugo scoffed and shrugged, doing his best to hide his anxiety.

Talk about anxiety. He didn't feel it as much anymore, now that he thought about it. After all, he hadn't taken any medication, but he'd been perfectly fine the past few days, even though they have been very much stress-inducing.

He smiled a little at the thought.

"What, already dreaming of coming back to your hero life?" Aizawa wondered, smirking at him teasingly. Bakugo bit his lip and side-glared his mentor, Aizawa turning his head forward.

"That sounds great, not gonna lie." He grumbled, and Aizawa huffed out a laugh, fixing his own hair that kept getting in his face, even with a ponytail. Suddenly, Bakugo felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned to his right, seeing another familiar face.

"You did the right thing, Bakugo." Yagi stated, patting him on the shoulder. Bakugo didn't bother pushing him off, accepting the support despite the screaming voice inside his head. Was he getting soft? Like hell.

"Let's just get this chaos over with." Bakugo quickly ruined the moment by grinning widely, cracking his knuckles and alerting the guards. The two older men threw the guards warning glances, making them calm their postures, before turning to look at Bakugo, slightly annoyed but nostalgic at his attitude.

"I'm itching to blow up some villains again." Bakugo stated as they stepped into the courtroom.

***

Midoriya knocked on the door while fidgeting with the flowers in his hands.

Honestly, he hadn't expected the action to come to him so easily, but he decided simply knocking and seeing how things were going to go was the better option, and that somehow gave him courage.

He'd been thinking about what All for One said back in his mindscape. About not visiting his mother, and how he had neglected her pretty much as much as All for One himself had. The thought made him sleepless, to be honest, so today, the day after the battle, he'd gone to the store, bought flowers from the old, most likely half blind lady, and knocked at his mother's apartment door.