Chapter 13

"...up! He's waking up! Izuku, can you hear me?" Midoriya slowly tried to open his eyes.

"Mom..." Midoriya whispered in a croaky voice.

"Yes, Izuku, it's me! Sweetie, it's okay...I'm so sorry!" Inko Midoriya sobbed.

"Ma'am, please step aside, let me check on him." And old women's voice said. He felt something cold get out onto his forehead, and he shivered. It was put off him a few seconds later, and Midoriya managed to open his eyes.

"You're in the nurses office dear. I managed to take care of some of your damaged backbones, so you should be able to move around just fine by later on by tomorrow...Do not move too suddenly." Midoriya looked at the short, old woman that was talking to him. The woman smiled sweetly.

"I am recovery girl, UA's nurse. I have a healing quirk, so your recovery, as I mentioned, wouldn't take as long as it would've without my healing." Midoriya smiled at the woman.

"Thank you..." He managed. He then looked at his mom, and remembered.

"W-wait...what happened to the girl?! The girl I was carrying during the exam! Is she alright?!" Midoriya panicked.

"Calm down! She's perfectly fine thanks to you." Midoriya let out a sigh of relief as he relaxed a little.

"I already sent her home as a matter of fact. She wanted to stay to check up on you, but I told her to go home. I've healed her; thanks to you being able to save her in time, she's able to walk without casts with ease! Though as she mentioned, it still hurts a little." Recovery girl smiled at Midoriya sweetly again. She was about to say something again when he felt a firm grip on his shoulders and saw his mom looking at him, tears swelling her eyes.

"Izuku, I was so worried! Didn't I tell you to be careful! You scared me so much!" She sobbed.

"Mom...I'm sorry..." Midoriya bit his lip, feeling guilty. He didn't like seeing his mom sad, especially if he was the reason.

"I'll be more careful. I just need more practice, I promise." Inko tried to make an angry mother face, but she laughed just like she did the first time he 'almost got hurt' when he 'discovered his quirk'. She then hugged him by his neck to not injure his back.

"Good job Izuku. I'm proud of you sweetie." Midoriya smiled proudly.

He had been waiting for this chance to be someone's hero for so long...

***

A week has passed. A week.

You can guess how much his nails were ruined from biting with worry throughout the days. He didn't dare meeting up with the league: and it seems they understood that and kept quiet.

But today was the day everything would change, so he wasn't surprised to see Toga and Dabi standing in his room.

The person he expected to see the least was Shigaraki.

"S-Shigaraki?! You came too?!" Midoriya stuttered, side glancing at the few posters of All Might he forgot to take down.

And here I was thinking that Dabi whahted to take them down because of himself...So he knew Shigaraki would be coming? Midoriya thought, looking glancing at Dabi. Dabi rose his eyebrows and shook his head, and Midoriya could read his mind.

Didn't I tell you to take those posters down? His look nearly said. It took one glance to read that, and Midoriya bit his lip and looked at Shigaraki.

To his dismay, he was staring right at the posters.

"So you are not only a fan, but a pretty big fan of All Might, huh?" Midoriya gulped down his scream. Shigaraki didn't sound pleased.