Chapter 19

He was right when he realized something worse was going to happen, but who knew it would get as bad as this?

All for One was beaten: but so was All Might. The main threat of both sides more or less eliminated: one was in jail, and the other was pretty much quirkless. It was funny how such a seemingly meaningless thought passed through Midoriya's mind at such a drastic moment.

Guess I'll never find out the truth from All for One after all, huh?

Midoriya was worried. Stressed. Now that the leader was beaten, Shigaraki would become the official leader of the League...But was that the case?

Midoriya shook his head as his breath shook and he wiped his tears. It was morning, a week after the Kamino Ward incident. All Might admitted that he lost his quirk and wasn't able to continue his hero career anymore, which broke pretty much everyone, but, of course, Midoriya was more worried about the loss of his own leader...

Midoriya stood up and got ready for school. He didn't feel like training today, so he got to sleep in later than usual. He walked out of his dorm and waved at Tokoyami who just walked out of his dorm as well. They then separated, Tokoyami skipping breakfast and going towards the living room.

"Good morning Midoriya." Iida waved at Midoriya, smiling.

"Good morning Iida." Midoriya smiled back weakly. They both ate in silence, but it was interrupted a few minutes later when Midoriya's phone rang.

The call was anonymous, and Midoriya immediately perked up as he frowned at his phone.

He knew what it meant when he was called from anonymous phone numbers, and quickly excused himself as he ran towards the exit, hesitating to pick up the phone while still surrounded by his classmates. He ran to the porch and took a brief look around him, before answering, his heart pounding in his chest with worry and excitement of finally hearing from the League after such a long time.

"Hello...?" Midoriya greeted quietly. Midoriya didn't have to know who it was in particular, and bit his lip anxiously as he awaited an answer.

"Good...Morning Midoriya." Kurogiri said quietly. Midoriya frowned at the greeting despite the happiness he felt from hearing from the League

Why does he sound hesitant? Scared even...?!

"Yes?" Midoriya asked nervously. Midoriya didn't say his name, not wanting to be caught, and his frown deepened as he heard Kurogiri take a deep breath before speaking again.

"Midoriya, we have news. You need to come here as soon as you can." Midoriya looked around as he worryingly started to speak again,

"What? What's the meaning of this? Can you just tell me here and now-?"

"We found All for One's letter." Midoriya was confused. A letter? What letter?

"What letter?" Midoriya asked out loud.

"He...He wrote that he wants you to take charge of the strategist and mission commanding while he's gone..." Kurogiri stopped, and Midoriya waited patiently, sweat forming on his forehead as he nervously listened to the ringing silence. Finally, Kurogiri spoke,

"Simply put, the leader of the League of Villains."