Chapter 27

"Bakugo...?!" Todoroki couldn't believe his eyes, and rightfully so. Bakugo was there, standing at the door of the previous level and watching him impatiently as he shoved a gun in the inner pocket of his jacket and scanned the area.

"I said get talking, didn't I? You wanna die?!" Bakugo snarled, running towards the ropes and grabbing them as before running back towards the woman. More heroes came rushing in, and Bakugo snapped his head towards them, but was quick to focus back onto the task at hand as he turned back towards the female hero. "Tell me what's going on."

"It's a game. We have to get through the obstacle course before the time runs out, or else we die. Two people get tied up together by the wrists and go through together." The woman said in a plain tone, but her eyes were moving around wildly, even if they didn't look like they were carrying much expression. Bakugo nodded to her in gratitude, and quickly scanned the obstacle course, time to time glancing at the rope.

"What's going on here? What is...this?!" A hero that came rushing in questioned, eyes wide. Bakugo clicked his tongue at him but then began to tie his and the woman's hands together, making it so the ventral side of his forearm touched the dorsal side of the woman's, quickly trying to use one hand to tie them up in an unsuccessful knot. The female hero seemed to understand and the two began tying up their wrists, quickly working together. However, the task was far form easy, and they tied the knot too loosely for it to last.

"Finally, someone who gets it." Bakugo murmured, turning towards the hero who had entered and the other two that had now entered as well. "Help tie us up. Quickly. If you don't get it yet, when those huge-ass red numbers are going to turn to zero, we may no longer be able to pass into the next room, or are gonna die!" The hero glanced at already concerningly small number on the wall, and his lips pursed nervously. Finally, he sprinted towards them, quickly tying the two up.

"You're going to be arrested after this, Ground Zero." The hero announced, ending the knot with a sharp pull as he glared at the hero. Bakugo didn't spare him another glance as he squatted down, turning slightly towards the female hero behind him.

"Get on my back. This'll be easier than trying to actually go through this together while tied up." The female hero nodded and quickly jumped on his back, Bakugo grabbing her by the underside of her thighs and hurrying towards the obstacle course. He snapped his head upward to look at the timer, only to see the two male heroes who were at the second obstacle still standing there, looking as if they were unsure of what to do.

Bakugo felt like punching those bastards. If only his wrists were untied, he gladly would.

"Get a move on, idiots! We don't have time! And you two," Bakugo quickly turned towards the entering heroes, "I suggest you figure something out. Either get out of this room or get a move on too, but I'm pretty damn sure there aren't enough ropes for all of us."

"What even are we supposed to do here?!" A hero that had recently entered asked, a confused and panicked look on his face. Bakugo didn't bother wasting any more time with them, realizing they were dead weight, and quickly stepped onto the wooden plank, carefully but quickly making his way across and reaching the two male heroes.

"You did shit on choosing a position to tie yourselves up." Bakugo scoffed, shaking his head humorlessly as he addressed the two tied up heroes standing face to face in front of a swing, the older male glaring at Bakugo in suspicion.

"Who're you?" He snapped, narrowing his eyes.

"Unless you want to die, I suggest asking that question at a later time. Are you blind? Timer's at almost five minutes, you know." Bakugo stepped around them and stepped onto the swings, letting go of the woman's legs and reaching for the ropes, the woman's hands following and wrapping around them as well. "Hold onto me tight, okay? You fall, I fall, and I sure as hell don't wanna die here." The woman nodded quickly, and Bakugo was once again glad for someone who understood their circumstances. He turned towards the other two heroes, glaring at them seriously.