Chapter 13

Aizawa paced through the room, his hand rubbing the stubble on his chin as he frowned in concentration. A few other pros were also in the room, sitting in the chairs beside the conference table.

"I can't believe it...Midoriya gets captured, again, and while under internship of a supposedly trustworthy hero...If last time was bad enough, this is even worse." Present Mic said unusually quietly, and the other pros nodded in agreement, except for Aizawa who grunted something under his breath as he continued pacing.

"I...I'm so sorry..." Kirishima mumbled as his head hung low, biting his lip harshly as he tried to calm down his shallow breathing. Ectoplasm was about to interrupt him when Kirishima spoke again,

"The villain was aiming at me, and yet, Midoriya jumped in front of me and saved me...If it weren't for me being so slow, I-"

"Kirishima, calm down. It's not anyone's fault, and especially not yours." Midnight says calmly as she fidgeted with her hands under the table. Kirishima glanced at Midnight, and despite slightly relaxing, he was still sitting there, tense, his head still hanging low. Tetsutetsu rubbed his shoulder reassuringly, but looked down as well, also feeling guilty of not being able to help. All Might let out a long sigh as he rubbed his temple.

"They must have another base ready if they're already so confident about capturing a student...It'd be hard to restrain someone like they did with Bakugo and him last time, the chains were too large for mobility, and would be too risky even in a car with how noticable the restraints were." All Might stated, watching nervously as Aizawa paced.

"I agree with Toshinori on this one." Nezu announced in his usual light tone, which seemed to obviously piss Aizawa off with how he started to pace even faster.

"Although, that was proven wrong."

The heroes heads snapped towards the principal, who shuffled through the papers in front of him, seeming to search for something.

"What...?" Aizawa asked slowly as he frowned at the principal. Nezu didn't respond as he continued to search through the papers, before letting out a satisfied hum and pulling a paper, which appeared to be a printed news report.

"Carjacking? How are you so sure that it was the league's doing though?" Vlad King asked, raising an eyebrow at the principal.

"The evident points to them. And beside, they took a car that had three rows, which most likely helped them fit in everyone in the car. Then, there was the fact that the camera next to the car was caught on fire right before the time of robbery, which points to one of the robbers being a fire quirk user, but he couldn't be able to work alone, which brings us to the option that it can be Dabi from the league of villains." The hero's glanced at each other and then looked back at Nezu, signalling him to keep going.

"But there is something that isn't adding up." Nezu announced as he leaned back in his chair. The pros tensed as they waited for the playful animal to continue, and Nezu stretched the pause for a long time, before the silence was disturbed.

"Stop playing with us Nezu, this is serious, and you know it! So spill!" Aizawa snarled as he glared at the animal. Nezu let out a sigh as he straightened, and his expression shifted into a more serious one as he scanned the heroes at the table.

"It's just...The cameras that have managed to capture a few images which I suppose are the league of villains - sadly, it can't be confirmed because the cameras had bad quality -  there wasn't a sign of struggle or gestures that showed that someone was carrying Midoriya, or at least wearing a bag large enough to hide him." The heroes frowned in confusion as they thought Nezu's words over.

"Maybe he was being threatened?" All Might offered as he scanned the faces of the heroes.

"That seems likely, but I can't help but feel like we're missing something here." Nezu stated as he leaned in his chair again, tapping his paws against his lap as he frowned into space.

"I'll try to figure it out later. Right now, we have a different matter at hand..."

***

After 5 days, Midoriya had finally finished organizing the army. It was a lot of work, and he wasn't sure whether he managed to get any sleep whatsoever. That, he did not remember.

Midoriya plummeted onto the bed, not having the energy to even turn into a more comfortable position as he felt his eyes slowly close, letting out a long sigh of relief...

Midoriya yelled angrily as he heard his phone ring, and using all the energy he had left he sat up and pinched himself, before pressing the answer button and leaning against the wall as he tried to stay awake.

"Yes?" He grunted as he pinched himself again.

"My, you sound tired." Midoriya stopped mid-pinch and bit his lip nervously as he felt his face heat up.

"D-Doctor! I apologize, I'm just a bit out of it...!" Midoriya exclaimed, and felt his head start to hurt even more from the sudden nervous rise of his voice.

"It's alright. After all, I believe you have a whole army under your wing right now, correct?" Doctor confirmed casually. Midoriya let out a low chuckle as he slightly shook his head, stopping as it started to hurt even more.

"Yes...It's kind of exhausting. But nothing I can't handle." Midoriya quickly added, once again forgetting whom he was speaking to. He shook his head, this time on purpose making it hurt more as self-punishment. Snap out of it...No sleep until you finish talking, you dumbass.

"I understand. And I am sorry to trouble you at such time, but there is something I need to confirm in order to make sure everything is going accordingly." Midoriya slightly frowned at the strange choice of worse but let out a hum for Doctor to continue.

"You are planning to destroy One for All, right?" Midoriya was...Easily said, very confused at the sudden question. The answer should've been obvious, but strangely, it came out hesitantly.

"Yeah...Yes, of course I'll take One for All..." Midoriya trailed off as his frown deepened. He felt a slight tingling sensation in his hands that made them itch from the name of the quirk whose fault it was that All for One was now behind bars, but he ignored the strange feeling as panicked thoughts flooded his mind. Why would Doctor ask such a question? Was he doubting him?

"Oh no, it's nothing. I wanted simply confirm that you remember. One for All is your goal, and then the hero society. No matter what Shigaraki had told you, One for All-"

"-Obviously comes first. I'll find a way to kill Togata, I prom..."

Togata? What does Togata have to do with anything?

Before he had time to comprehend what he and said, Doctor chuckled lowly before speaking, his voice low and intrigued, and Midoriya thought over the words Doctor spoke over and over again, the sound of beeping now coming from his phone filling up the dead silence of his room.

"That's right. You're on the right track, so keep trusting your instinct. I wish you luck, Kyōfu."