Chapter 6

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Clevedale Camp 

Its morning, and I still feel the urge to run away. I look to my left, and I can't see Mariah laying in her bed. So, I get out of the room and run into Luna.

"hey girl, can you help me?" she asks, I really want to decline it. "I need help today" she points at dirty clothing. I nod, and take one of the baskets with clothing.

I try to say as little as possible. I don't want to much attention from her. As we walk, I try to look out for the others. But no sign of them, but it's actually pretty hard. Has there always been so many people in this camp.

We arrive at a little bathtub with water. I stand still, they have electricity at this place, why won't we use a washing machine then. "it's because it will lead the z's to us, it makes too much noise" Luna interrupts my thoughts. I look at her confused, how did she know what I was thinking. "how did yo-" she interrupts again "you looked really confused at the bathtub, so I guessed".

"let's start" she says, I nod again. Still trying to talk as little as possible.

We both are sitting down, rubbing the dirty clothes on wood plates, in the bathtub. "so, Kallie, what did u do before all of this" I am trying to make something up.

"a bartender, I dropped out of school" I try to talk short and precisely. "it's really hard to have a conversation with you" she says. I smile a little, it reminds me of old times. She smiles back, but suddenly stops; the look of realization is all over her face. I look at her. "Katie?" she says and looks at me with her eyes filled with tears. I was just about to say something. But a noisy alarm starts to ring, so much that it hurts our ears.

Meanwhile Mariah's P.O.V.

The sun isn't fully up yet, and Katie is still sleeping. I decide to go talk to Brandon, he is still suspicious and I need to let him forget this.

I stand up, and make my way to the next room, the boys room. "hey princess" Leo greets me, and I just glare at him, but of course, he starts talking again "somebody is moody today, huh?"

Lord please give me patience

"Shut up, Leo" I snap at him only making him smirk.

"Are you two done?" Brandon asks. I nod back. "Brandon, I know that you want to get away from here, but it's a good place" I say. "stop, Mariah. We are not going anywhere" he tells me.

Well now I am confused, what's happening "We're not?"

"Listen, I want to find out what's happening first. And then It depends on what I see". He takes a backpack and walks out of the room. "I'm coming with you" I say.

"This sounds like it'll be fun, count me in" I hear Leo say, and he walks right behind me.

I forgot that he was even here, and now I need to survive an annoying boy, for the rest of the day. Where are the zombies when you need them?

"Brandon, what's your plan?" I whisper, we walk outside, and there are a lot of people. Aren't they all supposed to work? Brandon ignores me and looks around. He notices the same as me.

"Leo" Brandon says, "yeah?" He responds.

"why aren't you working today?" Brandon asks and I look curiously over at Leo, oh yeah, Soldier boy and all.

"The soldiers need the building for something today. So, every worker, has a day off" he says. Oh yeah,  isn't a soldier from around here.

Brandon looks at Leo, and back at me. "this means no good" he says, he thinks for a second and talks again "Leo, show us a way in the building".

"almost all the doors are locked today, but the back door is open" Leo says, just the sound of his voice annoys me a lot.

"lead the way then" Brandon says, and Leo nods and we start walking.

This place seems more clouded than yesterday, and it doesn't seem ideal. It's really noisy, and just yesterday, they would get mad at people talking to loud. Now I think that Katie and Brandon were onto something. But what's their plan? Why out of nowhere? It's like they don't care about these people anymore. We're still walking, and I am already tired of the walk, Leo seems to noticed.

"Mariah, our dorm is right there" He tells me pointing at the dorm almost right behind me. Huh? I could swear we walked, like, a mile "Do you have a problem, with that?" I snap back at him trying to cover up for my laziness. "You would think, you could actually walk more than a couple of feet in a Zombie apocalypse" And now I am speechless, I'll just ignore him in hopes that he'll disappear.

"This door, lead into the basement, and then we can take the stairs from there". We both nods, "but you need to be quiet, I don't think that the soldiers would be happy about this".

He walks in the door, Brandon follows him directly, and I go with them. It's a little dark down here, but we're out of the basement pretty fast, it's just really weird that there isn't anybody to keep an eye out. There used to be a lot of soldiers guarding this place up, I noticed it when we came here.

"there is a meeting room and control room, right above us, just follow me" Leo makes sure that we come quietly after him. We silently walk up the stairs and come out in a big hall. We can hear a man's voice and there is a little gap between the door. I decide to look into the gap. I see a big screen with a man talking.

"our mission is to get our revenge on these people, they all did us wrong. I repeat our mission is to get our revenge on these people. The plan is going to be like this: you soldiers will stay in here, while your sergeant will press some buttons. In the beginning there will be an alarm that will lead all these zombies in here, and afterwards the gates will be opened. Do you understand"

The soldiers in the room stand straight and lift their hand in front of their forehead in a slute.

"yes, general Triden" everybody salutes.

"then start now" the man that's supposed to be general Triden yells and hangs up on the call.

The alarm starts, and I get eye contact with the others

"I guess that's not good" Leo says. I don't have time to think about this, what about Katie? Brandon got the same thought.

"Katie" we both say, worried. "who is Katie?" Leo asks, and I remember that they don't know her real name. "I'll explain on the way".

.............................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1175