Chapter 41

Hua's P.O.V.

The hours we spent driving the bike were a waste of time, and now I'm running against time, how the fuck am I supposed to be fast enough to reach them, before they... No, I don't even want to end my thoughts.

I run, if I at least got a bike or- I look around noticing a skateboard, well there is a first time for everything.

I go through every struggle, and I am still not fast enough. I don't know what the plans were that Momo planned, but I can't let her get away with it.

I use my right leg to push myself with the skateboard forward, until I hear shots being fired, I immediately throw myself to the ground, just in case.

"Help!"

I stand up again, trying to look in the direction of where I heard the voice call for help, and run. Why am I wasting my time on this? I don't know why myself.

I hear zombies growl and another shot, there is a girl, trapped in a revolving door, from both sides being attacked and trapped by zombies. She has beautiful dark brown skin, black curly hair, and a very beautiful curvy figure.

I stand outside the revolving door, and I decide to shoot the 2 zombies that are on my side, making the revolving door unbalanced and the beautiful girl tripping, almost so the zombies from the other side could get to her, but she shoots them, and then stands up with a relieved smiled adorning her features.

"Thank you so much" She breathes and walks towards me. I sent her a hurried smile before looking around.

"I'm sorry, I'm kind of in a rush" I say, she looks at me funnily. In a rush to what, she's probably thinking. "Do you have a car by any chance?" I ask her in a hopeful voice.

"Yeah, I do. I can give you a ride if you tell me what's happening" she says and starts to walk, I follow her hurriedly and begin telling her what's happening and why I'm in such a rush. As soon as I tell her everything, she starts to walk faster, and we get to her car.

"You kind of, never told me your name" I say sheepishly rubbing my hands together. The girl grins at me widely.

"My name's Tamira. What's yours?" She asks curiously which makes me smile. Her voice is really soothing.

"I'm Hua. Thanks for doing this by the way" I thank her but Tamira waves her hand dismissively.

"You saved me" She smiles at me thankfully. "Besides, I don't really have much to do these days" She jokes. I giggle a little as she starts the car. She starts the drive with my directions. I don't know how long it will take to get there but I hope we get there in time. They're my family, they can't die. I can't live without them.

We keep driving without stopping till it's dark when Tamira pulls over at a gas station. I look at her confused.

"We can't drive at night. The roads are dangerous and steep" she tells me but I shake my head at her.

"No. I need to get to them" I tell her. She grabs my hands and I immediately relax at her touch. I look at the ground with a blush evident on my face.

"And you will, but you can't get to the if you're dying in a ditch" Tamira tells me. I gulp but nod.

"We have to leave at dawn, I need to get to them They're my family. They've been there for me, killed for me. If anything happens to them, I don-" I'm suddenly cut off with a pair of lips on mine. My eyes widen in shock before I ease myself into the kiss and kiss Tamira back. I feel her smile against the kiss and we both pull away.

"W-What was that for?" I stutter out. She chuckles and shakes her head, her curls bouncing. Her hair looks soft.

"You were ranting" She smiles at me. I stare at her for a second before going in for another kiss and she let me. She grabs my hand and tugs me closer to her and before I knew it, I'm straddling her. And like that the day ended.

I wake up by noticing movement and notice that the car is driving, Tamira continued without me knowing.

"for how long have you been driving?"

"Long enough for us to be at the camp lake in about 20 minutes" I am shocked, how did she manage to do it this fast.

"that's fucking great" I exclaim, Its hopefully not too late though. I sit up, and start to literally shake my body, trying to get rid of the nervousness by bouncing my leg up and down.

She looks over at me, and then reaches out for my leg, and places her hand there-

"They will be fine" She reassures me and with that, I feel fine myself. She really does have a soothing voice, and with that she starts singing, and so I zone out, while looking out the car window.

Before I realize we are there, the door gets opened by Levi, and I am held in his arms. I can help but let a relief filled sob escape me as I cry into his chest.

"What's happened?" Levi asks rubbing my back. He places his chin on my head. A small sob escapes me, and I pull away from him and look up at him.

"Momo, sh-she tried to kill me. I had to do it." I hiccup. Levi looks at me with wide eyes when suddenly Katie comes over to us and looks for Momo, but she doesn't see her and looks at me in confusion.

"where's Momo?" Katie asks, I gulp and start to explain everything. Tamira at one point holds my hand through everything. Katie looks even more heartbroken than ever. I feel like I'm forgetting something.

"Guys!" Leo suddenly yells and joins us. He looks around as if trying to look for someone. "Have any of you seen Mariah?" With that question I feel my world crash down. Mariah, Momo mentioned Mariah.

"Momo mentioned Mariah getting kidnapped" I whisper and before I know it, I fall to my knees. No, how the hell would she have been kidnapped? I trust everybody in our group. Everybody. Who did it? Wh... Caleb. I saw the look he gave Momo; I saw how secretive the two were.

"Caleb" I say with gritted teeth. Everybody looks around and sure enough he's the only one who's not here. Katie almost falls over at the shock. She shakes her head as if she couldn't believe it.

"H-He used me. To get to her" Katie gasps in shock and Levi looks at her with sympathy. We all hear a twig a snap and look back at an unknown boy.

"I'm sorry."  

.................................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count. 1165

Side note: do you ship Tamira and Hua?