Chapter 7

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Clevedale Camp 

"What's happening" Luna asks looking around. I squint my eyes to see something in the distance behind the wall. I tap Lunas shoulder and point; Luna's eyes seem to widen. "That's not good, Katie, that's not good at all"

"It's Z's, isn't it?" I ask worriedly. Luna nods and I look all around as people start to exit their tents just to see what's going on. "We have to find the others" I tell her and she nods in agreement as we take off. The soldiers aren't even doing a thing, now that I think about it they're not even here.

"Do you think the soldiers did it?" I ask looking at her in concern, Luna looks around probably trying to find some of the soldiers but find none and realization dawns upon her and she looks worried just like me.

"They must've had this plan from the start" She explains and I realize something, Leo is with Brandon and Mariah, not only that but he's in the military. I push my legs to run faster, passing everybody else. I can't let them get hurt, no way in hell I'll let that happen.

"Katie, what's wrong?" I hear Luna ask, she's a little behind me. I don't know if I can trust her to be honest, her and Leo seem close and I don't know if she's in on any of this. "Katie"

"It's Leo, alright?" I yell back at her in annoyance. "He's with them right now, and he's a fucking soldier" I yell at her. I feel her hand on my arm and she stops me, giving me a small glare.

"Leo is not a part of it, I can promise you that" She says glaring at me. I roll my eyes at her.

"He's a soldier, and do you see any of the soldiers around here?" I Ask clenching my fist trying not to lash out at her. She's acting so naïve.

"Leo isn't a soldier from this place-" I ignore her and pull myself out of her grip and run towards our tent where I hope they are. I burst through and hurry into the boy's section but there's no one there. I run into my room and then Luna's room, but no one is here.

"Where the hell are they?" I exclaim frustratingly. The tent open revealing the three of them. I look at Leo only seeing red and I walk over to him and punch his face. "What the hell have you done?"

"Katie, what the hell?" Mariah asks standing in front of Leo as he rubs his cheek.

"Mariah the soldiers did this! Guess who's a soldier" I exclaim, and Mariah shakes her head at me.

"No, you have to believe me. He's not" Mariah tells me and I try to calm down a little to think rationally. "We just heard some General Trifork or whatever give out the orders to some Soldiers, not Leo. Trust me I wouldn't be protecting him" Mariah says, I look at Leo with an uneasy look before nodding. I have to trust Mariah on this, and I do trust her.

"And it's general Triden" Leo mutters and Mariah looks at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Pretty sure it was Trifork but whatever you say" She scoffs shrugging her shoulders, Leo rolls his eyes at her but she ignores him with a dismissive hand. He narrows his eyes at her before looking back up at us. I hear metal scraping against each other outside of the tent and the others seem to have noticed too. We all peek out to see Zombies trying to tear down the fence and they're slowly succeeding. We all look at each other in panic.

"We need to get out of here" I say and they all nod in agreement, we all seem to think about what to do when Leo's face suddenly brighten and a mischievous look morphs on his face and I nervously say "Please tell me you have something that won't get us killed"

"i have something that'll get the soldiers killed" He says grinning at us widely. A small smile makes its way onto Mariah's face but she quickly covers it up when Leo looks at her.