Chapter 15

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

Did Mariah just say dad? The man holding me, with a gun to my head, is her father.

This is the piece of shit that hurt her so badly? I swear to god if they don't kill him now, I will do it myself. "shoot him" I say, while trying to free myself from his grip. I look at Mariah who has a ghostly look on her face.

The gun is still to my head, and he would shoot me without doubt, he was a killer before this apocalypse, nothing would stop him. "shoot him, just fucking shoot him" I call out again.

"Oh sweetheart, no need to be worried, it's my daughter over there. She doesn't have the guts to do such things." he points over at her, he is pointing at her with a fucking gun. Mariah loooks like she's reliving every moment of her childhood.

At that moment, I knew that I wanted to kill him, I never killed a human, just because I wanted to, but I will today.

"get that gun away from her" I say through gritted teeth, he has a hold of my hair, and it hurts.

"or what?" he taunts with a smile, he is sick, he thinks this is a game. Fine, I'll play with him.

I take the knife that sits on his belt, I can't kill him or else he could shoot out of reflex. And I can barely move because of my hair. My hair, exactly. I take the knife at cut the place where he has a hold of me.

Now I am free, with less hair, but now I have his attention, and the gun pointed at me and not at Mariah.

"what now?" I ask with a smirk. He lets the hair in his hand fall to the ground, am I gonna regret my decision of cutting hair? Probably. Am I regretting it now? I'm starting to.

"I'll shoot you myself" he says and pulls the trigger. I hear a shot, but it wasn't one that hit me, instead he's the one bleeding. I look back and see Mariahs gun fired, her arm is raised an smoke is escaping from her gun. A smirk graces her lips as she blows it away, this time I don't ruin her moment.

She made sure that the shot won't kill him or give him a fast death. She goes up to him with a small bag in her hand, and the gun in her other. Her eyes are fierce and the words that leave her mouth are harsh.

"No attachments, right?" His eyes seem to recognize the words she says, as if he regrets saying them ever.

"hey sweetheart" he says, disgusting that he still talks to her like that, I was about to answer him but then I hear Mariah

"I'm not your sweetheart and you are not my dad" she answers, I'm surprised how calm she is.

She gives him a bag, but before that she uses her foot to kick the gun out of her father's reach.

"I'm not a damn killer like you, you'll survive that small shot, I don't hope it though" she says through gritted teeth.

I would have killed that bastard. But I respect Mariahs decisions. She deserves that much.

"I knew you didn't have it in you" her father replied. I was about to kick him in his face to make him unconscious, but her punch was faster than me feet. She doesn't let him recover before she grabs him by the collar of his shirt.

"This is a promise, father" She says tauntingly. "Next time I see you, I will kill you"

"let's go" she says and hurries out of the door past everybody. We move to the front of the store, apparently, I was held hostage in a fishing shop. Now I notice that Hua is with another guy, I've never seen him. He looks kind of hot though, his tattoos, his style and his hair are all black, and I love it. Mariah would make some sort of joke about him being a grim reaper or something.