Chapter 32

Location; sand dunes state forest

Caleb and I walk around the camp, that the people we hunt has built up, our mission is observing them and that's it, no killing and we are not allowed to be seen.

Blake is keeping an eye on Knox, after that day Knox made a decision without him, Blake doesn't want to risk anything with Knox anymore, it won't surprise me if Blake would kill him at some point. They have been in this camp for weeks now, and nothing special happened. I want action.

I learned a lot of details about them. Their names are Katie, Mariah, Brandon, Levi, Luna, Leo, Hua and Noah.

The only ones actually being related are Levi and Hua, and I know for sure that Mariah and Leo are in a relationship. It's a little more complicated between Katie and Levi.

The girl that we killed in the mall, was the wife of Levi. On the same day I followed them with Blake and there Katie and Levi kissed in the backseat of a car, but it was the last time since they made this camp that they showed affection towards each other.

Katie also seems like she has been avoiding everybody, In the beginning it was boring to watch them, nobody really talked, probably because of the loss at the time, but it's now a little over a month since that happened, and they start being used to the missing person.

"when I am dead, I make sure to haunt you and Blake."

"are you trying to get a peek of my sexy body, then."

A grin appears on Caleb's face.

"you wish."

It wasn't the best comeback, but I couldn't come up with anything else for now.

"look the pretty girl is coming out of the tent."

He keeps calling Katie ''the pretty girl'.

"do you have a crush on her or something?"

He shrugs.

"are you jealous huh?"

"oh, shut up."

I look at Caleb, oh fuck, he really has a crush on her. He hasn't even talked to her yet and is already crazy about her.

"it's shift change, come on, let's go."

I try not to think more about his little crush on Katie.

"huh, yeah come."

He was definitely distracted by Katie as I talked to him, why is he so exaggerating.

We walk for like 30 minutes, and run past 2 other people, Andrew and Morgan. Morgan is an African American in his late twenties, while Andrew is a basic American old man in his late thirties. Morgan is a sweetheart while Andrew is a complete asshole, well what to expect when he is Knox's favorite here. He has been in prison multiple times, and there he met Knox, or that's my guess at least.

"what's the status?" Morgan asks with his usual kind smile.

"just the same boring thing" I say.

"and the pretty girls?" Andrew asks. He is a disgusting piece of shit; the girls are half his age.

"they could kill you with their bare hands" Caleb says coldly, he is just as disgusted as I am. We move on without saying one more word. Andrew would normally have started a fight, but it would have been 3 against him.

Katie's pov

The sun shines through the trees more than usual, I walk to the fire in the middle of the camp, seeing water boil in the middle, who thought of taking a pot with us while the mall was exploding? Around the camp, are all kind of water bottles hanging around, catching water when it is raining.