Chapter 17

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

We're all sitting around a table discussing what we're supposed to do in order to Zombie proof this place when Mariah reminds us about Xiomara's pregnancy. We all look at the couple to see Xiomara with her hands on her belly.

"I'll go out and find a place with the medical equipment" Levi says as if he could go out there alone, if he wants to die alone, fine with me but then Brandon shakes his head.

"You'll have to take someone with you, if you go out there" Brandon says making Levi sigh but one look from Xiomara makes him shut up. Brandon looks at me asking if I want to and I nod, I am not really in a mood for discussing this, and it's the smartest for me to go with him, sense I am the one who trusts him the least. Mariah says I have trust issues, but I don't see that.

"You'll be going with Katie" Brandon says in a voice that leaves no room for discussion, like I expected it would be if I said no, but Levi looks at me, then at him with a sneer on his face.

"I don't want her with me, give me the boy" Levi says making me roll my eyes. I briefly glance at Leo who seems like he doesn't want to go with Levi either, oh boy nobody likes him.

"You're not even a boy on your own" I retort, he glares at me glancing down on his lap, but I pay him no mind and look at Mariah as we both fist bump with smirks on our faces.

"Funny" He sneers at me, somebody is pity there, Brandon clears his throat, and all the attention is brought over to him. By now it must be clear that Brandon is the leader, and it doesn't surprise me, he has a good relationship with every one of us.

"You'll be going with Katie, end of discussion" Brandon says, and this time Levi doesn't say anything giving me a silent satisfaction. I bet he is salty about it, and only the thought makes me grin.

"You'll leave in an hour, pack some food with you and some ammo" Luna says and the two of us nod. I look over towards Mariah who's munching on her piece of bread while Leo keeps poking her, gosh they are like kids, but I honestly don't mind it even a little bit.

"You guys will be fixing the clog, right?" I ask and Mariah looks at me and nods with a grin on her face before slapping Leo's hand away. Yup they are 100% kids, I don't really mind, I think it's fun and I am happy that Mariah is enjoying herself.

"Hell yeah, I want to put my skills to work" Mariah states and Leo looks at her as if her grins are the prettiest thing in the world. I think I'm going to throw up just looking at it, they need to slow down by now.

"What skills?" Leo seems to snap out of whatever daze he was in just to throw that jab at her, and she looks at him with narrowed eyes.

"The skills you clearly lack" She retorts before looking at me ignoring him and continues "We need to get the water up and running fully, I need a bath" She then holds her finger up in front of Leo's face in a manner that says shut up "Don't you dare comment on how much I stink."

"Can we please get moving?" Levi asks in annoyance; I roll my eyes as clear as I can before I get up. Mariah gives me a small salute and I do it back to her, but with two fingers instead of the whole hand. I quickly grab my bag before walking over to our food supply place and start to stuff it with some food. Honestly this isn't much of supply room, you would think that we would have much more by now. Brandon gets up to see us off.

"You get two days then we come looking for you" Brandon says after we hug. Levi and I nod before we head out of the furniture store, we walk out of the building completely. I take a deep breath of the fresh air, that I haven't had since we came with the helicopter. I stretch my arms a little with a small smile on my face. I think it has been 8 days since then, I am not sure it hard to keep track.