Chapter 11

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

TW: mentioning of different kind of abuse and car crash

I wake up in the same bed as yesterday, the good thing about this furniture store is that we all have our own beds, they are all aligned, 5 in the first row and the 6 in the second row in front, so the two rows face each other.

I, Mariah and Luna are in the row with 6 beds, and Brandon is right in front of mine, and Leo in front of Mariahs bed and besides Brandon Brandon's. But Mariah isn't in bed, because she had to keep watch for the night, but I notice that Leo isn't in bed either. I get out of bed and head towards the entrance of the store where Mariah is supposed to be and there, I see her, but I see someone else too, with his head on her lap I see Leo sleeping soundlessly and Mariah staring at him as if he's some kind of alien.

"Mariah" I whisper, and she looks at me with big eyes. I can't help the smirk that graces my face. "Didn't know I was interrupting."

"Katie! This isn't fun! I don't know what I'm supposed to do" She whisper yells then looks down at him her eyes unconsciously softening before look back up at me. "Am I supposed to poke him?" She then asks and I have to bite my lip to keep the laughter from escaping me.

"Mariah, he's a human being, he's not some unknown organism from space" I tell her crouching down beside her, but she just shakes her head.

"I'm not exactly a social butterfly, I've barely had any friends" Mariah tells me making me chuckle at her antics. Leo stirs causing Mariah to freeze but as soon as he settles down again, she breathes out.

"How long has he been there?" I ask and she seems to think about it.

"About 5 hours" She tells me, and I stare at her in shock, has she just been staring at him like a creep for the past 5 hours?

"How about waking him up?" I ask and a look of realization dawns upon her making me crack up a little more.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea" She says and nods and just stares at me with an expectant look, I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What are you doing?" I whisper and she furrows her brows.

"For you to wake him up" She states which makes me shake my head.

"Nu-uh, this is your problem" I say making her sigh loudly, I straighten up and wave at her as I walk back to the beds and she sends me a glare while I silently snicker at her predicament. I wait a few minutes before Leo walks in, his face is red as Mariah follows him with a confident look on her face. I raise an eyebrow at her, and she skips over to me.

"I woke him up like you said, then he just sat up said something about me having soft thighs before he got all red in the face and then he walked away and I followed since there's supposed to be a shift change" Mariah explains, she can't seem to keep the grin off her face, I glance at Leo whose back is to us.

"Well get your soft thighs over there" I say and point to a bed and then continue "And get some rest" Mariah nods and passes Brandon who's just woken up and ruffles his hair. I chuckle at her antics and suddenly feel eyes on me. I look towards Luna whose staring at me, then I look at Mariah before looking back at me. I pay her no mind before grabbing my leather jacket, gun and knife.

"Alright, I think I'll stay here while Mariah gets her sleep and I Zombie proof this part" Brandon says as Mariah settles in her bed paying us no mind. Luna nods her head in agreement liking his idea.

"We'll go and find some supplies, Med kits, food, anything we can get our hands on and kill as many Zombies as you can, might as well get rid of the Zombies around here" Luna says and Brandon nods slowly. I look at her for a moment before realizing that I'm going to be alone with her and Leo, I don't mind Leo, but I don't want to be with Luna, I still have mixed opinions about her. We still didn't talk about the past. I mean she left me, and I was mad at her for so long, but now it feels different.