Chapter 8

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; Helicoptor /unknown

We have been flying for a little over an hour now, I don't know where or when we stop, but I think it will be soon enough, Brandon can't fly this thing for much longer, and we're slowly running out of gas, it'll only be a little before we crash but I'm pretty sure he won't let that happen. Or else I'm going to haunt his ass for all of eternity. We probably should've let the soldiers fill this thing up just a little but hey! Who cares? We need to get down to the ground no matter what.

He doesn't seem to notice that we possibly could run out of gas, I am sure he didn't get anything to eat or drink, and to top it all off, he didn't get any sleep unlike the rest of us.

"Brandon, shouldn't we land soon?" I ask, but no response. Why is he so focused? From the corner of my eye, I notice Leo trying to catch my attention.

I look over to him and he move his finger in a 'come closer' gesture. I move my head closer, and he starts to whisper in my ear "somebody died while we were separated with you guys. A young girl got shot, and now he's guilt tripping himself". it makes sense now; I'm sure that he is thinking of Antlia.

I wait for little while to think about how I can get his attention in a good way, but Katie comes first. "The apocalypse is hard, you can't beat yourself up every time a person dies, now land this damn chopper I need to piss."

Brandon moves a little bit in his seat, and says "are ya'll done being moody now? Does It fucking look like I have space to land somewhere". Its only now that I notice that we are above a forest.

"chill mister" Katie snaps back.

"i think we all need to chill" Luna takes a pause "Brandon just lands as soon as you can, and Katie quit being disrespectful".

Oh, she did not, I expect a fight between Luna and Katie to break out, but nothing happens, Katie glares for a second and then stop. That's not how she usually reacts, to people talking down at her. Something is off, I know that Katie and I have only known each other since the apocalypse started, around 2,5 months ago, but still, we had a lot of nights to talk about our problems, but on the other side, I didn't talk about my life before the apocalypse either.

I hope we someday will have the opportunity to talk each other about all our problems, she really seems to be the sister I never had, and I really hope that she won't die ever. And Brandon, it seems like god send him to me, my dad was like shit, and now I have him and it hurts to see him guilt tripping himself like that.

I don't know if the same goes for Luna, I don't even know if I like her yet, she keeps looking at Katie in a weird way. And I really want to protect Katie, that's weird considering that she is older and more protective than I am.

Leo seems to have humor, and I hate to admit it, but we really need that, and, he is pretty good for the eyes, another thing that I hate to admit about him.

"thinking about me princess" Leo stares into my eyes, oh shoot, I was staring at him this whole time.

"ha, you wish" I deny looking away from him.

I notice that the Katie and Luna are fallen asleep. And so does Leo notice too, he looks at me. "you should sleep too, meanwhile I will talk to Brandon" he whispers. I just nod.

"good girl" he says teasingly, and I just glare at him.

I move my body a little more on the side, so I can sleep a little more comfortable, sitting for an hour on my already flat ass, hurts way too much...

I am in a tent, it's really dark in here with just one light bulb lit, beside me there's another person, I move the person, while believing that it's Katie, but I just stare at Leo in shock, he's shirtless revealing perfect sculptured abs. I swallow the drool that threatens to spill and look him in the eyes.