Chapter 34

Levi's P.O.V.

Location; sand dunes state forest

Every day and every week is the same, some are hunting, some are kind of training, I am mostly with Noah, he has become more clingy to me since Katie left, and that has been about 3 weeks since now.

I don't mind taking care of Noah, he has become something like my son, even though it would have been almost impossible for me to be it, I am 22 and he is 13 years younger than me. I still take care of him, and that includes playing some stupid games with him, I want him to grow up normal, I don't even know what normal is.

Most of us where mad at Luna for just letting Katie go like that, and she still hasn't told us where she went, I also ended up breaking 2 of my fingers, because I punched a motherfucking tree.

I just want Katie near me, is that so wrong? Or did she leave because of me in the first place?

"Hey" I feel someone touch my shoulder; I glance back at Hua who's smiling at me gently before sitting down beside me.

"Hey" I mumble looking down at the knife in my hand. It's cleaned off to the brink, I've had nothing to do so I've just cleaned every single extra weapon we have.

"I know you're sad about Katie leaving, you don't have to hide that away from me" Hua tells me, my grip tightens around the knife.

"She's the one who left us, so why should I care?" I scoff releasing my tight grip on the knife. Hua smiles at me sadly. Her and Katie had gotten close the last few days of Katie's time here.

"It's alright to miss someone, you know? You don't have to hide it all" Hua says and squeezes my arm in comfort. I close my eyes trying to control my emotions.

"I know, I just, I need to get my emotions straight" I mutter, she nods her head at me before kissing my cheek and walking away.

I am just wandering around sometimes I overhear some conversation, but I never bother joining in, there is nothing to talk about because Katie is the only person, I think about most of the time. Luna said we shouldn't be concerned about her survival, but her face made it clear that she Is concerned on her own, and for Mariah, well she made it clear that she doesn't want to hear shit about Katie, even made me believe that she hates her by now.

But honestly, she surely just has separation anxiety, and misses her without knowing it herself.

"Levi!" Noah yells running over to me with a huge grin on his face. "Do you want to play?"

"Not now, kid, ask Mariah" I say, Mariah has been helping me a lot with taking care of Noah which I'm grateful for. "She's probably with Brandon somewhere."

"But I asked her, and she told me that she's busy" Noah pouts which makes me chuckle and open my arms out for him, he runs into my arms and I hug him tightly.

"I miss Katie" Noah mutters, I feel myself sigh. Noah has been asking about her non-stop. He misses her a lot.

"Me too"

Brandon wanted us to meet by the fire, around the fire we placed some chairs we got from the city at some point. Luna and Leo sit down, while Hua stands behind them. I am opposite from them, and Mariah sits a half meter away from me. Brandon stands closer to the fire than the others, between the place Mariah and Leo sits. Noah is already asleep in the boy tents.

"we need more supplies, honestly all kinds, weapons, water, food and medicine. us hunting and catching rainwater is apparently noy enough for 8 per- I mean for 7 people" Brandon explains.