Chapter 14

Brandon's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

It must be 1,5 hours in my night shift now, and I'm really concerned about Katie, I know something happened, but Mariah was already hopping to conclusions and I couldn't add to that. 

She will hopefully be alright; she is a smart girl.

I sat at the cashier spot before, but I felt like I'm about to fall asleep, and I don't have a good view from here. The others and I agreed on killing every zombie that's in front of the store, just so it won't attract more or would in any way attack us when we go out or be in our way when we want to enter the shop.

I sit on my chair and sometimes I stand up when I'm about to get sleepy. In the beginning I hear Mariah scream a little bit in her sleep, she must've had a nightmare about Katie. When something she overthinks, she tends to have nightmares. 

I'm about to walk over to comfort Mariah when suddenly there is a loud noise outside to the right, I'm about to go out and kill the z that I heard, but instead I meet a man, about my height pushing me against the wall, with a knife to my throat. 

"where is she?" he asks with furious eyes. Who is he talking about? Is he searching for Katie, last time I checked we didn't have an Asian American with us. 

"I don't know who you mean" I claim glaring at him. "quit playing" he almost yells pressing the knife more than before even managing to break the skin a little but nothing to bad. 

"Is that Katie?" I hear Mariah say excitingly, coming in our direction now, does it fuckin sound like Katie, he is a man. Mariah stops in front of us, only now realizing that he is threating me before pulling out her gun in a quick move. 

"Move away from him or you're about to become decoration to our walls" Mariah says threateningly but the man only glares at her. 

"I'll take the man with me" He threatens and suddenly Mariah glares at him accusingly. 

"What are you doing here? Are you the reason Katie's not here?" The guy looks at us curiously, from Mariah to me.

"You're searching for somebody too?" he asks, while pulling the knife away from my throat but Mariah doesn't lower her gun. "does she wear a red jacket?" he asks. I see Katie in front of me with her brown hair, matching her red leather jacket and whole black outfit.

"You've seen her?" I ask, this time holding his shoulders with both of my hands. "where is she?" I almost yell. "I don't know" he answers. What does he mean he don't know; she better not be dead.

"is she?" Mariah asks hesitatingly her resolve faltering as she lowers her gun. "no" he answers quickly "they took her" he says. Who took her? Who the hell am I about to kill? .

"You can come in" the man yells to the back. And a pregnant lady walks in. Mariah stares at her with wide eyes as if she couldn't fathom there's a pregnant woman.

A while later Mariah's POV

We sit by the cashier, the man, Levi, is explaining to us that his sister Hua got kidnapped by men, and we have good reasons to believe that Katie got taken too. Levi has black hair, and light brown eyes, he wears only black, that matches his hair, his arms are covered with a lot of small tattoos, and he has something written in Japanese I believe.

The pregnant girl is Xiomara, she asked us to call her Xio. She's Levi's wife, she is Latina, with tan skin and brown eyes, her hair is a light Brown color that could easily get mistaken as Dirty blond. My guess would be that she's around 7 months pregnant, maybe even 8.