Chapter 28

Levi's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

"we need to go now!" Leo comes in, almost yelling, I can see that Xiomara is just as confused as I am, what the fuck is this shithead talking about? I knew he was a little weird but what?

"the fuck is you talking about" it wasn't really a question, just a way to show my annoyance.

"a horde is in the mall, we already packed everything."

Luna comes into the room.

"it won't be saved for Xiomara to travel yet; she lost a lot of blood too" she interrupts.

"we can't wa-"

I can't hear more than that, a really long and loud ringing in my ears makes it impossible for me to focus on anything, I have lost every sense of whereabouts. As the ringing sound fades, I notice more and more that my body is aching, glass splinters being spread on the ground.

The sound of fires crackling is more intense than the ringing now, I got thrown 2 meters away from Xiomara, now seeing Leo beside me, his arms and his face is showing hints of cuts from the glass that is on the ground, I look up to Xiomara, just to see her and the bed being falling over. The bed is on a 90 degrees angle, and she lies there.

I press my hands on the ground, ignoring the glass that could and are cutting my hand, now hopping onto my legs, and pulling myself up.

"hey man, standup" I tell Leo, probably yelling, because I can't hear shit. I lean down, over Leo repeating what I just said, while shaking him.

"stand up you motherfucker."

His eyes open, but I can see him struggle just as much as I did, when I first woke up, I need to get to Xiomara, I move slowly forward, feeling dizzy.

This time I sit down beside her, trying to find her pulse, and I could luckily find one. She's alive.

"hey, wake up" I move her slightly, but I can feel myself getting impatient with each second, so I shake more violently, until she finally wakes up.

She still lies down, her hair touching the ground covered with glass. Where the fuck did all the glass come from. She tries to form some word, probably succeeding, but I still can't hear shit. I try to focus more.

"Mateo"

The realization surges through my body and I shoot up, letting Xiomara lay down. behind me Leo also got up standing. I look around now panic is taking over, where the fuck is he, I now run to the baby crib, it's also fallen to the ground but with no baby in it.

Leo helps Xiomara up, coming to me and is almost screaming.

"where is Luna?"

The crackling fire and the zombies growling got louder, fuck, the zombies were here too.

There is panic in all our faces.

"get Xiomara out of here" I yell at Leo, ignoring the question he just asked me. He nods, but as stubborn as she is, she won't go with him. We go out of what's left of the curtain door, just to see a big hole, through the malls ground. The front of the store is almost gone, making it easy for the zombies to come in.

I hope that the explosion killed the most Z's from the fucking horde that Leo talked about.

"I think Luna has Mateo."

I yell back, to Xiomara and Leo that's holding into her.

"i want to see my son."

"Brandon and the others waited on the roof for us" Leo's voice echoes through my brain.