Chapter 21

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

"Katie, we need to move on, wake up" I can feel my body getting pushed by somebody, to my surprise it wasn't Levi but Noah.

"yeah I am awake" I pull my body up. "good morning sunshine" I hear Levi say. "here eats something" he reaches me a protein bar. And I take I it and eat it in just one second.

I have been so fucking hungry; we haven't had time to eat for a while. I stand up, properly to fast and got dizzy.

"you will chill in this cart today" Levi demands. I just nod, still feeling too weak to even argue with him. And that's how the time goes, until we reach the gas station from before, we must be hoes in about 30 minutes.

"hey, don't forget the gas" I remember to tell Levi.

"don't feel like the queen, just because I am pushing you in this cart" he snaps at me, running to the bushes and gets the gas.

"I AM the queen, am I right Noah?"

"yes ma'am, as beautiful as one"

"hey, don't you dare call me ma'am again." I hear Levi laughing a little bit, while he is gettign the gas.

"you can call me Katie" I say with a smile.

"you seem to feel better, so get out of the cart, you are fat" Levi says with an attitude.

"excuse me" I pause "Noah come in, so he can have more weight in the cart" I say with an evil smile and I get one too in return.

"I should have just shut up, right?" Levi says, and I just nod.

Later Mariah's POV

I hear something wheel into the mall and run out of the shop, leaving the others as I peer from the railing. I grin as widely as I can when I see Katie and Levi pushing a cart. They both seem to stop to look at the burnt zombie corpses.

"Sorry about the mess" My voice cut through the silence and they both look at me alarmed as I move towards the escalator. "We had a small problem, and well, I had to blow a few Zombies up."

"Your crazy bitch" Katie says grinning at me as I make it down to them. Only then I notice the small kid in the cart. I raise an eyebrow at him as the others join us downstair.

"Levi, didn't know you got Katie Pregnant and had a ten-year-old" I mutter, the boy looks a little pale. I hear someone clear their throat and I look back to see Xiomara giving me a warning look. I raise an eyebrow at her as if to tell her 'Say it like its is' She just rolls her eyes at me.

"Did your wound reopen?" I hear Brandon ask and I look towards Katie in concern. She nods slowly and Luna is immediately by her side.

"Alright, come on, let's get you patched up" Luna says calmly and Katie nods. Katie looks at me then says. "Mind taking Noah up into a bed and watch him?"

"You got it" I smile at her; she nods and lets Luna take her away. I walk over to the cart and shake Noah a little, to wake him up. His eyes flutter open then looks at me a little scare. "Hey Noah, I'm Katie's friend, Mariah." I greet him, he looks toward Levi who nods at him silently telling him he can trust me.

"Where's she?" Noah asks worried.

"She's getting a little help, so she told me to take care of you, fun right?" I ask, he nods a little, a small smile making its way onto his lips. "Then how about we get you out of that cart?" I say, he holds his arms up and I carry him out of the cart. He immediately takes my hand.

"Let's go up and take a nap" I say ruffling his hair a little. I look at the guys who are starting to unload the cart. I lead Noah up to our place and take him to mine and Katie's newly made room. We decided to split this place up for more privacy, so we've been moving things to get it all done.

"You can sleep on my bed" I tell him, and he immediately settles himself into my bed. I start to make Katie's and mines room cozier and more comfortable. I hear Noah's light snores and smile at the small boy in the bed. I walk over to him and sit gently on the bed.

He looks way too pale for his own good. I put my hand on his forehead and feel a small fever starting to form. I furrow my brows before quickly filling a bucket of cold water and grab a small towel placing it on his forehead.

"Luna!" I call after her running to the front of the store, where she's finishing with helping Katie. "Noah, he's starting to get a fever and he's pale" I tell her. Katie looks at me worriedly before looking at Luna.

Katie once told me that Luna was on a good way of becoming a doctor but with her pregnancy and after with her sick daughter it was impossible for her to be done or even work a job.

"Let me have a look at him" Luna says and the two of us follow the older woman into the room where he is shivering. Luna seems to be checking him, and his reflexes trying to see what is wrong with him when her eyes widen. Levi walks in just in time having heard of Noah's condition.

"Which department did you find him in?" Luna asks as she grabs the bags from Levi and starts to rummage through it.

"The ER" Katie answers squeezing my hand nervously and Levi adds "More specifically in the room where they treat blood clots" Luna sigh loudly at that before she pulls out two kinds of medicine. One being Hemlibra and Plasma-derived medicine.

"He has the symptoms of Hemophilia" Luna explains and pulls the blanket off Noah a little to see a nasty bruise on his shin, it's bleeding more than it should on person.

"A small papercut could be fatal for him, and he may experience blood clots" That made my breath hitch. "Is he experiencing one now?" I ask worriedly, my turn now squeezing Katie's hand. Luna shakes her head with a relieved smile as she rinses the small wound and puts a band aid on his leg.

Leo, who Luna sent out to get some water, comes back with a glass in his hand filled with water. Luna wakes Noah up gently.

"Hey, Noah, sweetie you need to take these to feel better" Luna says and gives him some medicine, he looks at her hesitantly before looking at Katie and I who nod, even though I'm nervous, I still manage to muster up a smile for his sake. He grabs the pills and chugs them down with some water.

"Can I sleep now?" He asks rubbing his eyes and Luna nods her head before he lies down and falls asleep almost immediately.

"He's going to be all right, but I suggest keeping an eye on him. I'll be back when he needs his medication again."

......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1219