Chapter 27

2 hours before the explosion.

"Knox listen, if we put a whole horde of zombies in there before the explosion starts, it would all be for nothing."

Why the fuck isn't he listening, it would give them a big opportunity to escape before it gets deadly.

"i don't have to listen tro a little girl"

EXCUSE ME.

"do you want another black eye?" Blake pushes him in between us, making him appear bigger in front of Knox. My heart skips a beat with that, I can protect myself, but honestly, he can do that for me as long as he looks so hot while doing so.

"the plan has already started, and you will listen to me and do as I say. You can give me as many black eyes as you want."

"you won't mind getting a head shorter, would you?"

Wait I don't understand, how would he get shorter? Wait-

oh, does he mean cutting his head off. Damn Blake, aggressive.

"your father won't let you get away with it, now shut up before you lose a hand, your father won't mind if you get taught a little respect."

Blakes jaw tightens, and his fists clenches, we don't have time for this now, as much as I want him to kill that bastard, we should just move on. I touch his shoulder, and under my touch I feel him relax a little more.

I walk in front of Blake; I start talking again.

"we do as you say, and if they are not dead after today, I will take care of you" I am proud of myself, being able to stand up, I really used to be a baby before Blake came and got me out of there.

So, I understood his plan like this:

Another group is locking every zombie in the city into the mall, while I and a few others are supposed to place some C4, and from there we will start an explosion. We should shoot anyone who survived after the explosion.

He told us to let one of the girls stay alive, and that we are NOT allowed to be seen by anyone.

Levis's P.O.V.

1,5 hours before the explosion

I sit here beside Xiomara's bed, not knowing what to do, as I see her, holding HER son in her arms, I am confused by this situation. I don't know how I should build a up a relationship with that boy. It's not his or her fault, it's all mine, I should have said no, but she begged me, I couldn't say no.

"what should we call him?" she asks me.

"how should I know?"

She looks at me a little shocked, did I say it in a mean way? I should cool down a little bit.

"are you done being a pussy now? Gosh give me a break, I just gave birth to him and you are already giving me an attitude" she pauses for a second trying to find the right words. "I know you don't think of me or him as a part of your family, I know that you don't love me" she is almost yelling now, how can I love her? She was the one rejecting me my whole life and as soon as she needed help, I was good enough.

"do you think this is my fault, was I the one begging for marriage?" shoot, I shouldn't have said that.

"that's not fair, and you know that. You the one who said yes, so take fucking responsibility."

"what the fuck are you talking about, I am here taking care of your survival."

"Not because you want, just because you are fucking Katie now, doesn't make it okay to not take care of a child that you agreed to take responsibility for."

"what did you just say? Does it fucking look like I left him or you, Katie has nothing to do with this, so drop the jealous act"

Am I a bad person for liking somebody else now?

I am taking care of them, is it now my fault that everything is like this now?

I didn't make her pregnant, I had the choice to say no, but I took care of her for all those months, made my own parents mad, and lied to everybody, even Katie.

"oh, come on, since you came back from the hospital you have been finding ways to avoid me and look at her, admit that you don't want us here."

I stand up.

"you know what, I wish I never agreed on marrying you and pretending I was the father" I pause "but I don't fucking regret taking care of you, I won't fucking leave any of you, so can you drop this shit and just find a fucking name"

I sit down again; the following minute is silent.

"Mateo" she says, looking at me like she expects something.

"it fits to him" I don't know what I should say to a name, is it even possible to compliment a name? I give up. She won't be happy either way.

"let me take him and get some sleep" I take Mateo out of her arms, and I have him for barely 2 minutes before she fell asleep. I thought so, I mean childbirth isn't easy nor not painful. I always hated the type of guy that said, "getting kicked in the nuts hurts more", in the end neither are comparable, both are bad, but I think childbirth is winning this.

A few minutes passes by and everybody got curious about everything, the gender, the name etc. I don't complain but Xiomara woke up shortly after, and so people started to stay, making Xiomara feel comfortable but also not left out.

I can see this, and all of us having a happy future, maybe in 5 years I will see Mateo run around, and even Noah getting annoyed by it. He also visited at least 7 times, asking about the baby, and if they are siblings.

In the past, before this god damn apocalypse and before Xiomara being pregnant, I would have been more than happy starting a family with her, she was my first love and I am sure that it was why I said yes, I shouldn't have said that I regret marrying her, because at that day I thought of me as the happiest guy on earth.

I should apologize later. And tell her that she actually means a lot to me, yeah even though I don't love her or have any romantic feelings anymore, the first love is still a special person.

.......................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1110