Chapter 38

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; on the streets

Tonight it is my night shift, so I sit outside, here are 3 chairs from before when Brandon and Leo sat here, trying to talk to me, but my anger is still boiling inside of me. I twirl my knife around my fingers trying to distract myself.

God, she just waltzes into our lives as if she didn't leave in the first place. Worst of all, she didn't even trust me enough to tell me she was fucking pregnant. How annoying can someone get?

I hear a twig snap and immediately turn around throwing my knife at the person, the knife lodging into the tree behind them and right above their head.

"What the fuck to you want?" I ask walking over to her and pull the knife out of the tree. I walk back over to where I was originally sat and sit down again.

"I wanted to talk" She says, I roll my eyes at her and shake my head.

"You lost the right to talk to me when you decided to leave with no explanation" I say glaring at her. She looks nervous as fuck as she sits down beside me. Our knees brush and I glare at her knees before looking up at her. She gets the hint and sits a little farther away from me.

"Mariah, I'm sorry but I didn't know how I could tell you, I was pregnant" She apologizes looking at me in tears almost.

"Hormones are really getting to you, huh" I mumble as I stare at her oddly. I shake my head at her before shrugging my shoulders.

"I don't care about your apologies, won't change shit. You did the thing you never wanted me to do to you. Leave. Do you really think that only applies to you? That you're the only one who doesn't want to get left behind?" I ask my voice calm and cold which seems to scare her.

"You had the others, you didn-" I cut her off before she could even finish her sentence.

"No! Don't you dare say that shit, you...you shitty bitch! You were like a sister to me" I raise my voice, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"You're still like a sister to me" Katie says, her tears leaving her eyes.

"Well, I don't want to be, and you shouldn't hope for anything else from me then cold looks because this is what happens when you hurt me" I say standing up, I'm about to walk away but I stop.

"I'm the one who's supposed to have a shift so it should be you leaving" I say and plop down on my spot.

"I'm not leaving till you forgive me" She says clenching her fists. I scoff at her and roll my eyes.

"Get comfortable, cause it's going to be one hell of a night" I say twirling my knife around my finger. I look ahead not even bothering to look at her even though I can feel her gaze on me.

"Hey, what's that on you arm?" She asks and looks at my arm. I look down at my arm to see a burn mark. I smirk at it.

"Got when I burned down the rivaling camp" I say, she looks at me shocked and speechless probably not knowing what to say. I look ahead again, happy, that she's speechless.

"What the hell happened to you?" She asks, for some reason I hear pain in her voice. I raise an eyebrow at her. Who the hell is she to ask me that?"

"They attacked us first and shot Leo. I wasn't going to let that go and for your information, you don't have a right to ask me that question" I tell her. She grits her teeth in annoyance.

"I'm trying to make this right!" She exclaims throwing her arms up in the air in frustration. "I'm trying to talk to you but you're so goddamn naïve. I left, get over it" She yells at me.

"You don't get it, do you?" I ask she glares at me.

"Humor me."

"I'm not mad about you leaving anymore" I tell her and point at her with my knife. "I'm mad at you for coming back" She looks at me in shock. I chuckle darkly shaking my head at her.

"you know what, I am not letting you talk down on me" she pauses "you are just salty, because I trusted Luna with my secret and not you"?

"Sure whatever you thin-" she cut me off.

"and you know what I would do it fucking again, seems like you are not worth the trouble" she left me behind.

I don't fucking care what she thinks, I have a night ahead of me, and I won't waste that on thinking about her.

She isn't even worth thinking.

Who the fuck does she think she is, "I am not worth the trouble" she should look in the mirror, she isn't worth anything herself?

Gosh she annoys me; I feel bad for that baby.

...................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 850