Chapter 5

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; Clevedale Camp 

"Why the hell do you have to ruin everything?!" I ask irritated. Katie always needs to see the bad in things, it's starting to get on my nerves, these past two months we've been together, we've never gone to any camp since she doesn't trust anyone.

"What do you mean?" She asks me clueless about what I'm referring to. I may sound naïve right now, but I need something good in my life, something that'll make all of this shit better.

"Don't act stupid, I know you're suspicious about this place and I know you and Brandon just talked about it" I say clenching my fist in anger. "Can't you just be happy" I ask and her face morphs into an annoyed expression.

"Not if this place is totally suspicious Mariah! I'm sorry for bursting your bubble but that's how reality works" Katie says, and I step up towards her in anger.

"Don't talk to me about reality" I whisper threateningly glaring at her. She looks surprised, probably not thinking I have the tits to stand up for myself.

"Why the hell not? The only thing you see are rainbows and kittens anyway" Katie says angrily pushing me lightly. I slap her hand away from me. "You're probably just imagining yourself back into the perfect life you used to have."

"Perfect life?" I ask gritting my teeth together to stop myself from looking too emotional. "If you don't remember let me jump start your brain; We met because I was going through trial" I yell in her face and her eyes looks like she remembers before she becomes guarded again.

"Then how in the hell can you look at this shitty world from a good perspective?" She asks, I get where she's coming from, her whole life she's felt unwanted while I was neglected.

"Because if I don't, I'm going to become a dead person inside" I pause "I'm going to become my dad" I say through gritted teeth.

"What do you mean?" Katie asks, I cross my arms and look away from her, I don't know if I can tell her. "Of course, you won't tell me but as soon as Brandon comes in, you're going to sing your heart out" She scoffs at me crossing her arms. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"Are you jealous or something?" I ask her, is that why she's been so annoyed with me? "Is that why you're so annoyed?" I ask and she glares at me.

"We've been together for almost 2 months and the moment you sympathize with someone you just blurt out something that you've barely said a peep about to me!" Katie yells.

"I'm sorry that in that moment I saw myself in his shoes" I yell right back; we were both getting heated and I know that two stubborn girls fighting isn't a good idea.

"How?" Katie asks a little quieter, I look at her. I get it, I guess we've had each other's backs these past two months, and I guess it took a whole event to just tell something of my story.

"I was in his shoes" I whisper looking down to the ground and sliding down sitting on a rock. I feel Katie sit down beside me. "My dad killed my mother right in front of me" I feel Katie's body go rigid.

"I'm sorry, I didn-"I cut her off. It's not her fault, it never was, and I guess I get where she's coming from, as much as we've been together for the past two months, we haven't really talked.

"Don't be, it's not your fault" I say and place my elbows on my legs and prop my head on my hands. "I try to see the best in people because if I don't, I fear I might become like him" I say and then look at her. She's looking at the ground.

"My dad was an awful man, he never cared for anyone but him. And I get it, your whole life you've been in and out of foster homes, but I'd rather have that than what I saw" I say intertwining my hands together.

"I'm sorry, okay" Katie apologizes. I shake my head.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you feel left out or whatever" I mutter, Katies gives me a small smile.

It's clear, that we both are the worst in saying sorry.

...........................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 737 

side note; this is a really short chapter, we are sorry about that:(