Chapter 23

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

"I will help you pack your bag, okay?" I look at Noah and he nods as a response, we spent most of our time in silent, my body is really exhausted, and I don't feel like talking, I don't even want to run around, but I am afraid that it will have consequences if I am lazy.

"do you know what you need the bag for? Should I explain the plan to you?" I ask one more, we are in mine and Mariahs room, where I sit on the ground with a bag for Noah, and Noah on my bed looking down.

"if we get overrun then I have a bag to survive."

"that's true, but do you know how to navigate a card, where you should run?"

He shakes his head.

"so, when the Zombies come, either you go with one of the adults, or you run alone to the exit, you can run to the car that we don't have yet or to the helicopter on the roof."

"you should be saved when that happened, but if you ended up alone, then you can read on the map where the hospital is" I put a red circle on the map.

"often, it's good to look at your surroundings, and then find it on the card and draw the way to that place. If you get hurt remember to use the medicine Luna gave you" I put both the medicine and map in the bag, as he watched me.

"what if those monsters attack me."

"didn't your auntie teach some moves" Mariah stands up, with both of her arms wide open. I laugh at that.

"to be fair he knows how to throw knives and use an arrow, but he doesn't know how to use a gun nor attack closeup" I said.

"I can ask Leo if he can teach you, wait I don't have to ask, he needs to do it because I tell him to," Mariahs walks out with way too much confidence.

What should he know more, I don't feel like I told everything? I put 2 bottle of water, 1 can food and 2 bars of chocolate.

"you shouldn't sleep at random places that are unprotected, got that?"

I get nodding as a response again.

I put a sleeping bag in.

"come I will show you the exit in the back of this store." I take his right hand in my left hand and we walk to the back of the store.

"you see this door, when you walk all the way up, there is the helicopter, when you walk all the way down, there will be a car in the future" I know that Brandon and Levi are searching for one now.

"let's go back now, try to find Mariah and Leo, okay."

He nods and gives me hug, and I see him running back to the front of the store.

I don't know what I should do now, I have been searching the supermarkets and pharmacies a hundred times now. I have looked for weapons, with success, but just because I go there a few times it doesn't mean that something will appear out of a sudden, I don't believe in magic, I am not a child.

I go back to my room. My body hurts again, I just want to sleep forever, but as I said its not a good idea. I decide just to lay in bed, and just think.

"we wanted to ask you something" Luna tells me, with her husband, my foster father Joshua beside her. Lily is just playing around as always, and I nod to signal that I am listening.

"do you want us to adopt you?" Luna pauses "we wish to adopt you."

I feel an unfamiliar feeling spread through my body; I am getting adopted.

"yeah, a hundred times yes" I say while excitingly jumping around.

"did you hear It Lilly?" I take her hands "we will officially be sisters".

Lilly's smile shows that she is just as happy that I am.

"we will make it official tomorrow then" he says while standing up, I hug them both. It's official soon, I have a mom and dad.

Little did I know that instead of going to the legal adoption services, we went back to the foster home, neither of them looked at me, while driving away, I just stood there crying, I remember being there for more than 6 hours, sitting on the ground, and tears wetting every piece of clothing.

"stop crying and move your ass inside" I hear a female voice say, I look up, I have never met her before.

"who are you?"

"you can call me 'Momo" she answers with a smile, and so I took her hand, and our friendship began. She saw me go and come since then.

I wipe my eyes, apparently some tears rolled down my cheeks while I was chilling on the bed. Why should I be bothered by a memory? It is night soon, and I decide to get some alcohol for my nightshift, the others already went to their rooms, changing clothing getting some sleep.

I sit here thinking about the past, now and the future, who will be the next to die? Do I even want to see this? I take a sip of the vodka bottle.

My throat burns slightly, but nothing big, I take two more sips.

"somebody had a bad day" I hear from behind, as I was about to turn around, the vodka bottle gets taking out of my hand, and I see Levi take one big sip. I am not questioning him or answering his question as he sits down beside me, while he takes one more sip and give the bottle back to me.

We are drinking together, without saying or even looking at each other. But I really want to ask him why he avoided me the past 3 weeks, since we came back from the hospital.

"Levi?"

"yeah sunshine" he looks me in the eyes.

"why have you been avoiding me?"

I look at him, I don't know what to expect, he looks down and back at me, hesitating to answer,

I feel a heat spreading from my lips to my heart, only to noticed that his are pressed against. My eyes go wide as he pulls away.

"is that answering your question"

....................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count: 1076