Chapter 39

Blake's P.O.V.

Location. Head quartiers

The past few weeks I have felt alone, both Momo and Caleb left me so they could keep an eye on the others, I have tolerated the secrecy of my father, but I don't want this shit anymore. I can't just sit idly by anymore like the perfect little servant he sees me as.

I need to understand why these girls are so important, at first, I thought it was because one of the girls were Knox's daughter, but it didn't fit in since Knox wants her head, and without the world being normal I can't really research shit about anybody. Gosh everything was easier with fucking internet.

I am on my way down to the head office, but I need to go past a lot of stupid motherfuckers, they're all mostly wearing black, but the walls are fully white, with bright lights shining down on them, and blinding my eyes.

In front of the office doors there are two tall men guarding it as if it's the most holy place ever.

"Hey Carlos" I look at the 31-year-old Latino, and then to Morgan again. "hey" I greet him too.

I am about to pass the doors, but Morgan places his hand on my chest stopping me in my tracks, I look down at his hand then up at him again. Then I raise an eyebrow.

"He is not in a good mood" he warns me and let's go of my chest again.

I walk through, there I see my father sitting, his hair is black, but it's starting to turn grey, and that includes his outgrown beard. His scar over his left eye is also visible, usually he gets somebody to cover it with some make up.

"There is my son" he says happily and opens his arms for me to give him a hug. I know that he isn't actually happy to see me, he stopped being happy since my mom died, he never told me how, and I didn't try to start the topic.

He hid every proof of my mother's existence, but I manage to hide a family photo.

"Dad I need to talk to you."

"What is it son" he pauses while walking to a sofa, its white, what a surprise. "Sit down". I do as he says, he doesn't seem like he is in a bad mood as Morgan told me, but it probably will show soon.

"I want to hear the whole story, I am no kid anymore" I pause, seeing how red his face gets, but after a moment I continue talking, "you should start talking about mom, why you started this whole apocalypse and why are those people so important to you?".

He sighs really loud, but starts talking, and this is the first time after 17 years I hear him talk about my mom.

"she was the best thing that ever happened to me, she was my pride and joy, after we got you, we were the happiest we ever could be, but there was still a missing piece, we wanted a daughter and eventually your mother got pregnant again, that was 18 years ago, and you were about 5 at the time."

I see his smile disappear, and he starts looking pale of trying to recall the scenario. I sit here, not trying to make any sound, I am afraid that I will snap him out of the bubble, and he stops talking. I never knew that she was pregnant, I can't remember that part.

"her water broke 8 months into the pregnancy, and we rushed to the hospital, when I held my newborn daughter in my arms, I got the news. Your mother lost too much blood, and therefor passed away. I decided to name her after your mother, and then I gave her free to adoption."

I want to ask him why, but it's clear that he is about to continue talking.

"I regret it so much, I made the life of my own daughter so miserable, my little Katie was in a foster home, and every time somebody tried to adopt her, I paid them for leaving her behind. I really planned on taking her back, but I couldn't convince myself, I saw her face when I looked at my little princess."

'Katie' that's the name of one of the girls.

My father sees the realization in my eyes and just nods. I want to yell at him, hiding my own sister from me and he didn't even bother to tell me that I put on a fire in a building where she was in. I was about to stand up, walking away, but there is more to the story, so I decide to sit still, swallowing my anger for now.

"I started this apocalypse as revenge, this society made your mom die in that hospital, and it could have saved Katie from so much too"

Is he sick? Now I stand up, almost yelling at him now.

"My mother dying is nobody's fault, and you made Katie's life miserable and mine too, but that's not something you cared about. You kept a brother and a sister away from each other, you made her grow up alone, and me too. All those days I wondered what happened to mother, I thought you were traumatized but in fact, you were just trying to hide the monster in you".

I pause but continue before he gets the chance.

"you let out a virus that almost kill everybody, made me almost kill my own sister, and for what? Because you wanted revenge? You should have killed yourself instead." I walk out of the room, anger boiling inside of me.

Those Zombies are my better than my damn pops.

Momo's P.O.V.

I am so sick and tired of these people, I sit in the passenger seat of the car, and Hua, Mariah, Brandon. They laugh so much, and I can't bear hearing their voices anymore, I just want to be in Blake's arms.

We are still on our way to some stupid camp, that Caleb and I made up. The streets are plain, sometimes we see another car just standing in the middle or of the side of the street. Hold up, for once there is a bike.

"Wait a second" I tell Brandon, who then stops the car, I run to the Bike, checking if it can drive and if it has fuel in it. And it has both, maybe I can get away for a short amount of time and talk with Blake.

I need an excuse first.

The trailer is already standing still behind the car, and Brandon look expectant at me.

"I will drive out and get some medicine and other supplies, just in case" I point at the bike. "Alright but be careful."

I didn't know Brandon could give a fast answer.

I'm throwing my leg over the bike and starts it, but then I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look back to see Hua with her soft smile.

"I'll come with you."

I start the bike, before Levi can come out and start a fight with Hua, I don't want to waste my time, in the end Hua is always winning the arguments despite being the younger and clearly shorter one too.

....................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1220