Chapter 37

Katie's P.O.V.

Location; On the way to Brewer Lake Campground in North Dekota

"do you need help with that" Caleb looks at my boobs, that have gotten bigger and swollen because of the pregnancy.

"oh, shut up" I laugh it all off, it would be a lie that me and Caleb didn't get feelings for each other the past 5 months we have been out together. I must have been pregnant for 6 months. Caleb has been good help, I had a lot of trouble in the middle, not being able to move or keep the food in my stomach. I must also have had my 18th birthday by now.

He laid beside me every night and was always ready to hold my hair out of my face while throwing up, I bet it was disgusting to look at, but he didn't complain even once, instead we flirted with every chance we got. I made it clear to him that I couldn't be with him because of the pregnancy and his response was: "i don't know when I will die, but when the time comes, I would love to have you as my last memory".

My pregnancy made me pretty emotional, so I cried for 30 minutes, because it was so sweet. It would be a lie when I said that I didn't regret leaving Mariah and Levi, but I needed to get to the camp in spirit Lake reservation. It's a camp Caleb told me about, and I thought it would be great to birth my baby in a camp, with more help.

The kisses, late night talks and cuddles that I have experienced with Caleb was fantastic, but I couldn't stop thinking about Levi, and the love I felt for him, I am getting a baby with him for fucks sake, and I am falling for. I think that Levi was my 'right person, wrong time' person.

I told Caleb that after I got my baby I would search for Levi and the others again.

"how long has it been since you heard about the camp we are heading to?"

"since the apocalypse starting."

I stand up as my first reaction.

"it has been over a fucking year since then."

All hope I felt is gone now and I sit down, burying my face in my hands.

"hey, everything will be fine." he is rubbing my back, how does he do that, how can he get all of my hope back with 5 words.

"now let's get back to the street, and walk the rest" we do it, we talk, laugh and flirt on the side of the street.

We both get startled by the sound of cars.

"go Katie, hide, I try to talk to them."

I do as he says, since I found out I have been pregnant I haven't gone into unnecessary risks. It takes a while until the car is close enough, behind it another one.

"can you help?" Caleb asks, one of them.

"What is it?" that voice, it belongs to Levi, I directly come back from the hiding place and he notices me.

I stand before him, feeling the urge to hug him, but his eyes lands on my belly, and I suddenly feel uncomfortable.

"what's happening" I hear Mariahs voice come from the back.

"you" Levi points at Caleb, what did he do?

Before I get to react, Levi punches Caleb directly in the face.

"hey what's happening" I want to pull them apart, but the fear of one of them hitting my belly keeps me back.

"what are you doing here?" Mariah looks at me, her eyes filled with anger.

"huh? Trying to pull these two idiots from each other" I reply.

Leo and Brandon are here by now, pulling them away from each other.

"no, I mean why the fuck do you have to show your fucking face to us"?

I am confused by now.

"what do you mean?"

"you really don't understand, huh? So let me do this clear for you."

"You left, we got used to it, now why the fuck are you still standing in front of us?" She asks, I feel a pang of hurt go through my body. Mariah's eyes are cold, just like the day she looked at her father. I open my mouth to try and say something and her eyes drift down to my stomach.

"So that was the secret she was keeping" Mariah mutters and nods a little herself.

"Levi, calm yourself" Mariah mutters giving him a pointed look. Levi sighs but nods reluctantly. When did those two become friends? Not that I'm jealous.

"Your boobs are big" Mariah states looking at my boobs. I snap my fingers in her face to stop her from looking.

"Anyways, when are you planning to suddenly leave? Tomorrow? In a week? In a month?" Mariah asks cocking her head to the side. I open my mouth trying to say something but she interrupts me.

"That reminds me" before throwing something at me. I catch it clumsily and look at it, it's a necklace, Luna's necklace. I see some emotion in Mariah's eyes, but I don't get why.

"Luna's dead" She simply says. My eyes widen, I shake my head at her but she merely nods her head.

"Brandon you can take this talk, I don't feel very comforting right now" Mariah says, which earns her a glare from Brandon but she just shrugs her shoulders. She about to walk away when she taps the trailer and the door opens to reveal Momo.

"She's not dead though" With that said Mariah walks into the trailer leaving me behind.

"Hey, Kates" Momo greets me. I feel my breath hitch.

I feel a sharp pain in my lower stomach, and immediately fall to my knees holding my stomach, and with that I feel a shortage of breath, and my heart racing.

"Katie, look at me" Caleb says, it's one of those panic attacks I have had lately. I look into Caleb eyes.

"we have practiced this, just breath like me." I continue looking at his blue eyes, noticing his shoulders lifting up and down like his breath Rythm. I adjust my breath to the movements of his shoulders. But to no help, instead everything went black.

I wake up, by the movement of a car driving. I move up, noticing that I am in a Trailor.

"Katie" I feel Noah hug me, and warm spreads through my body, I have missed him.

"hey buddy" I say.

"be careful boy, Katie needs rest" Levi says holding Noah back again. This time I can't help, and I hug him. Tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I have missed you so much, I know I should have told you, but-" I am cut off.

"Katie, who is that man?" I look at Levi, worry is all over his place.

"I met him on the way to a camp, so I could give birth to the baby".

"so, he isn't the father?"

"huh? God no, Levi, you are."

Now tears are rolling down his face, but those are tears of happiness, and he hugs me tight this time. Now I wish we could stay like this forever. It has been so hard all this time mostly alone, yeah Caleb was a great friend, and I am thankful for everything, but I have missed this, now I only need to make up with Mariah and Lu-

She is gone, tears start rolling down, and I can't control it in any way.

"Katie?"

"she is gone" I looked just as shocked as when I was when Mariah said it.

"i know baby, I know" he takes me, and strokes my hair, making me fall asleep in his arms once more.

...............................................................

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1284

Side Note; who do you ship Katie with?