Chapter 10

Mariah's P.O.V.

Location; Shopping mall

Katie seriously wants to go fucking shopping in the apocalypse, of course what else did I even expect. But she seems oddly comfortable and happy. It's not normal for her to look like that, maybe she is getting used to all the affection that she is getting.

I hope she is, because she deserves the world.

So anyways, I think we all are getting new outfits, as we should honestly, I didn't tell Brandon, but he stinks.

As we all are going into the first clothing store, we still move silently, our bodies are tense. We are always expecting the worst in all situations. But I think that Leo and Luna did a pretty good job, at hunting the z's down on this floor, but still, we don't know if any zombies still can come up to this floor.

I think that they should have started to clean the lowest floor of this mall first, and secure alle exits. But Brandon said that they should wait until we all could join and therefor the chance of any of us getting killed is minimal. We shouldn't be "shopping" already, but none of us had any problem with joining Katie, I think it's mainly because we all are afraid that she possibly could get attacked by a z and her wound could reopen.

"why are you all following me, go search for clothes on your own, I can protect myself, and if not, I call after you" Katie says annoyed. Everybody nods,

Brandon and Leo follow each other into the men section, while I stick with Luna and Katie. Katie looks at us and decides to leave us alone. Now I am with the person I dislike the most in this group, and I don't know if she is uncomfortable with me.

But I know for sure that it is awkward.

"i am sorry" Luna breaks the silence. What is she sorry for? Did she hit her head or something? She looks at me and I think that she noticed the confusion in my face, "for what?" I ask.

"i was actually mad at you, I felt like you should have noticed that Katie got shot, if you did, she won't have been unconscious" she explains.

What the actual fuck is wrong with her? Like she doesn't know shit about Katie, why the fuck would she hold grudges against me. Even Brandon said that Katie hid it perfectly, and what's the purpose of pointing finger.

"excuse me?" I say, and I am getting closer to her. I really hope that she hears how fucking annoyed I am. Luna looks a little surprised, I don't think that she expected me to get mad, but I am. As much as I'm nice, anger issues is still a very big problem in my life.

"i said what I was thinking before, no need to get heated because of that" she says and also coming closer to me now, she is taller than me, so I actually have to look up at her a little. Gosh I hate her, Katie usually says that I try to find the positive sides of people, but with this bitch its fucking hard.

I was about to say something until Katie came back to the same section, she left us at, "look, what do you think?" she shows us her whole outfit, and it is so typical Katie.

She wears mostly dark colors, black jeans with a few ripped spots at her thighs, a black tank top and vlack boots but without shoe laces, she wears a red leather jacket that catches our attention the most, "it looks lovely" Luna says, screw her, now I don't know what to say. I look down at her belt, and there I see a new knife hanging down from her hip.

"the belt and the jacket top it all" I say, while side eyeing Luna.

Wait? Am I trying to compete with Luna? No way, I know that I better than her. But Katie got happy by my compliment, and that was the whole point.