Introduction

Ugh, it's official...I hate this day. Currently, I'm standing at the counter of a coffee shop named „The Bistro" that I'm working at. Today has been awful so far. I was late, my boss yelled at me for coming in late and on top of that the costumers were rude. I hate this shit hole.

The coffee shop is located in an area that is known for criminal cases, drug dealers, homeless people and gangs. To say that I risk my life going home in the dark everyday is an understatement. But you see... I am desperate. I need money to survive, to pay for food and my apartment.

It's 7pm, which means I am done for today. Finally, I'm more than ready to go home. I usually work from 9am to 7pm but sometimes I fill in for my one and only friend, who is also my co-worker, Amy. She has been there for me, ever since I moved to New York 1 year ago.

Rushing into the locker room, I slid out of my work uniform and into my black jeans, white top and put on my black leather jacket. After that I went back into the coffee shop's dining room and went over to Amy, who is busy staring at a guy. I sneaked up to her and said, "Stop drooling".

Amy jumped back and knocked a sugar dispenser off the counter. While I was laughing my ass off she just glared at me. "Emily! Do you always have to do that? God, I hate you. Stop laughing.", she said angrily .

"It's not my fault you were too busy drooling over that guy than noticing that I came to you.". Amy still looked angry and embarrassed. I didn't realize that the guy watched her the whole time.

"Ok look, I am sorry. You just have to stop undressing every decent guy you see with your eyes. Besides, he's not even hot.", I pointed out while looking over to him.

"Excuse me? Not that hot? Have you looked at him? I can see his muscles through his shirt and he has the sharpest jawline I've ever seen!" I am a little scared for her. Maybe she hit her head.

That guy is not hot. Not at all. Not even decent. Why does she always have to be head over heels for literally every guy she sees. I, on the other hand, hate guys. Men in general. Most of them are full of themselves and looks are not that important to me. No guy has ever knocked me off of my feet.

"Anyways..My shift just ended. Which means I'm going home. Bye see you tomorrow." I hugged her and was already on my way out when I turned around and said "Oh, you should probably wipe your mouth. I can still see the drool dripping from your mouth. Love you.". With that said, I ran outside. I can imagine the furious expression on her face.

On my way home I couldn't help but shiver. It's October, which means it is dark and freaking cold when I leave work. Since I don't have enough money to buy a car or use the bus I always have to walk. Which sucks because walking to my apartment takes 30 minutes. Although 30 minutes is far away I still live in an area that is not that safe. It's also the only thing I can afford.

Reaching my apartment I took out my key and entered the living room. Oh how good it feels to be back. When I looked around my apartment I frowned. The kitchen and the living room are connected and both are really small.

My kitchen consists of a small counter, a fridge, an oven, a stove and a sink. At the counter are four bar stools.
In my living room is a small couch with its back against a wall. A small table is in front of the couch and on the opposite wall is a tv. On the couch table are still leftovers from yesterday night when I ordered pizza.

Setting down my shoes I went to my bedroom and searched for my pyjama. God, my room is a mess I really need to clean up. There is only one queen size bed and a wardrobe... it shouldn't be this hard to find it. After searching for five minutes I finally found my pyjama... laying on my bed the whole time.

I sighed and went into my bathroom to take a hot shower. After a stressed day a hot shower always seems to calm me down. Stepping out of the shower I got dressed and put my hair up into a bun. Now I have to clean the mess I call my apartment.

It took about an hour to put the trash away, to wash my laundry and put it back into my wardrobe where it belongs. Since I was not in the mood for cooking I simply heated up a soup can and slumped down onto my couch. Switching on the tv I started watching a movie. In the middle of the movie I fell asleep, too tired to stay awake.

.........
Any presumptions why Emily hates men?

The following chapters will be longer. So please.......don't leave me ;)