Chapter 19

When I woke up the next morning my head was on Matteos chest and his arms were wrapped around my waist tightly. I adjusted my head to look at him peacefully sleeping. Trying to get up and out of his hold turned out to be impossible. As soon as I moved he hold me even tighter.

"Good morning.", he said with a tired and raspy voice. "Don't get up. You need to rest. I will bring you everything you need."
"You don't have to. I'm fine.", I told him.
"You're not.", he said. "Wait here. I'll get you some breakfast."

Matteo let go of my waist and got up. The warmth of his boy disappeared and left me longing for him to hold me again. He was only wearing a grey sweatpants leaving his chest shirtless. I watched him leave the room which gave me a perfect view of his muscular back.

Why is he so overly nice all of the sudden? What is going on in his head? I'm fine.. I can walk and take care of myself like I always had to do.

With those thoughts in my head I got up and walked downstairs to see what he is doing. Walking into the kitchen I immediately had to giggle. Matteo was standing at the stove trying to make scrambled eggs and bacon in two seperate pans. He looked overwhelmed and unsure of what to do.

"Need some help?", I asked him. He jumped a bit and turned around to stare at me.
"I told you to stay in my room."
"And I told you that I'm fine."
"But you're-"
"No need to argue Mr. Rizzo. Your breakfast is burning.", I said holding up a hand while giggling.

Matteo turned around and looked defeated. I walked over to him pushing him away to save the food. While I was still cooking he took out two plates and set them down on the kitchen island.

Once I was finished we ate together in silence, enjoying the breakfast. By the time we were done with breakfast I got up ready to clean the dishes. I reached out to Matteos plate when his hand stopped me.

"Sit down. Let me take care of everything.", he said and I nodded. Watching him do the dishes I couldn't take my eyes off his bare chest and back. His muscles were defined and popping out. They flexed with every move he made which made them look even bigger. Then my eyes traveled up to his head and I noticed he caught me checking him out causing him to smirk. Before I could say anything my phone started ringing and I picked it up.

"EMILY FREAKING POTTERS! I haven't heard from you the last day. You better be dead or I'll kill you myself.", Amy screamed.
"John found me. There was a little incident but I'm fine now.", I told her.
"How did he found you? And what happened?"
"I don't know how he found me. He hurt me a bit but it's not that serious."
"Not that serious? What did he do?!", she screamed again.
"Amy, I said it's fine. Besides, you need to work right now. I bet you don't want me to tell your bosses boss that you're making private calls during your working hours."
"You wouldn't dare."

I looked up at Matteo who was already watching me intently. A slight smile was visible on his face.
"Believe me I would. In fact, he is standing right in front of me.", I stated.
"Oh, I gotta go. Bye. Love you and stay safe!", Amy said and hung up quickly making me smile.

Suddenly the front doors were pushed open and a few voices could be heard from the entrance. Matteo and I went there to look who was coming in. Seeing them standing there made me smile even brighter than I already was.

Cristian, Raffael and Pietro were walking towards me. Each one of them hugged me tightly before speaking up.

"I'm so glad you're okay.", Cristian said.
"Sofie and my little boy want you to come over if you feel better. We were worried about you.", Pietro stated with a concerned expression.
"Seriously, I don't know what I would have done without you. No matter how hard I try I can't get the lasagna right.", Raffael chuckled.