Chapter 3

The closet door was opened roughly. His eyes locked with mine. All I could see was anger. Hatred.

He grabbed me by my hair und dragged me out of the closet. Screaming in pain he pushed me on the ground and started kicking my stomach. Again and again. Breathing became harder and harder. All I felt was pain. When he finally stopped I heard him scream "Get up, useless piece of shit."

I did what I was told. But standing up was hard. I couldn't stand straight and stumbled back a bit. Gripping onto the table next to me I looked at the monster right in front of me. He stalked towards me and threw a few punches right in my face. Blood started dripping from my mouth and nose but he didn't care. The monster didn't stop. He pushed me back on the floor, took his belt out and whipped me unmercifully.

As my vision became blurry I heard him say "Try to run away again and I will make sure it is the last thing you will do. The only reason I don't end your miserable life right now is that you will pay the price for my debts."

With that said he walked away and darkness consumed me once again.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

I woke up uncontrollably shaking and crying. My heart was beating fast and my breathing became hysterical. Trying to calm myself down I repeated one sentence in my head over and over . The sentence that makes me feel slightly better. Something my mom told me when I was crying seeing her in pain. It's gonna be alright, trust me....It's gonna be alright...trust me.

After an hour of crying and shaking I looked at my phone. 6am. That means I have three hours left before I need to go to work.

Climbing out of my bed I went to the bathroom. Taking a long hot shower relaxed me a bit. The steam hitting my face, feeling like it caresses my cheek. Stepping out of the shower I wrapped a towel around my upper body and dried my hair with a t-shirt. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me tell you: dry your hair with a shirt to prevent damage. It literally saved my hair.

Looking in the mirror I frowned. Again. Well, I do that every time. There is a cut on the side of my head. Probably from the creep shoving me against the wall. At least my hair covers the cut. No one will see it. Next I gazed at my wrist. Great. Those bruises are heavy. They will be tough to cover up with concealer. Trying to conceal them my thoughts went to Mr. Jerk.

Who the hell is he? Why does he talk to me like that? I didn't even do anything wrong. I should have stand up for myself. If I do what he says, everything goes back to normal and I'll be out of danger. Right? Hell yes. It has to be.

Walking out of the bathroom I went to my wardrobe to find something to wear. Deciding that a blue jeans and a black oversized hoodie are good enough, I additionally put on black sneakers and started preparing breakfast. For breakfast I had a chicken sandwich. Indeed very spectacular.

Once the breakfast was finished , I walked out of my apartment and was on my way to work. Since I still had an hour left before my shift starts there was no need to rush. Walking past a park I spotted a little boy crying all alone probably 5 years old. Poor boy. Why would someone leave his child alone?

Contemplating on how to approach the boy without scaring him, I slowly walked to him and crouched down. "Hey, I'm Emily. Who are you?", I asked softly, smiling at him.

The little boy sniffled and looked at me with red swollen eyes. "I-I-I'm Lukas."

"Hi Lukas. Are you searching for someone? If you want, I can help you.", I said with a calming voice. He nodded.