Chapter 35

The next day I woke up in Matteos arms. He was still very much asleep. Staring up at him I couldn't suppress a smile. Although the visiting hours state that nobody other than the patient is allowed to sleep in the hospital beds, which of course makes total sense, he stayed with me.

As I was tracing his face gently with my fingertips his eyes slowly opened. The second he looked into my eye his lips pulled up into a sweet smile.

"Good morning Matteo.", I whispered quietly.

"God, I missed waking up next to you.", he answered while one of his hands brushed through my hair.

"And why is that?", I asked with one eyebrow raised. Matteo leaned closer and placed a soft kiss to my cheek.

"Because the first thing I want to see when I wake up is your face.", he whispered in my ear.

"Ok, softie. I'll keep that in mind.", I chuckled.

"Don't call me that.", he stated with a pout on his face like a five year old boy. His facial expression instantly made me laugh which he did not like. "Stop it!"

"It's way too easy to annoy you."

Matteo pulled my head back on his chest and we remained in this position for a couple of minutes. While I was laying in his arms I closed my eyes again. This is too good to be true. I'm alive and laying next to the man I love. Finally being able to touch and kiss him. And to smell his amazing scent. That might sound crazy but he smells so good.

All of the sudden the door opened and a nurse entered the room. Matteo quickly got out of the bed and sat down on a stool. To anyone else he still wants to look like an emotionless mafia leader.

"Good morning Ms. Potters.", she said giving me a fake smile and turned to Matteo. "And hello Mr. Rizzo. It is a pleasure meeting someone as good looking as you.", she addressed him with a flirtatious smirk.

Seeing her flirt with MY boyfriend made my blood boil. If it didn't hurt standing up I would have pushed her away from him. How can she dare to flirt with him while his girlfriend that almost died is present in the same room?! Hello, that's rude. Back off!

"What do you want?", Matteo asked unbothered and turned his gaze towards me.

"I just wanted to give you all the papers and documents. If Ms. Potters signs here, she is free to go.", the nurse said with that stupid flirtatious smirk on her face. Then she gave Matteo the papers and brushed his hand in the process. Of course that was her intention.

Ok. That's it.

"Give me the papers, please. I'll sign. Me and MY boyfriend can't wait to get out of here.", I stated coldly.

Before the nurse could react Matteo already gave me the papers and this time he was smirking. I quickly got a pen and signed. The nurse came over to my bedside and took the papers out of my hand.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you two were a thing." She apologised.

"You should work on being more professional. This behaviour is unacceptable.", he told the nurse with clear bitterness in his voice.

Good. Tell her baby!

"Of course.", the nurse said and hurried out of the room. She clearly was embarrassed but that's what you get for flirting with a taken man. At least for flirting with my man.

"Let's go home.", I stated. Matteo nodded and extended his hands to help me up. Accepting his help I got back up on my feet. Pain immediately rushed through my whole body and I winced.