Chapter 26

"Angel, wake up.", Matteo said causing me to open my eyes. Looking around I realised that we were already back in our room in the villa.
"Did you carry me here?", I asked with a confused face.
"No you flew here.", he chuckled.
"Oh lord! Did the Matteo Rizzo just made a joke?" I faked a shocked expression.
"Shut up." He rolled his eyes and walked away from the bed and into the bathroom.

When I heard the shower turning on I got up from the bed and went back into my room. Walking into the bathroom I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth. With a towel wrapped around my body I searched for something to put on. I picked out red lacy underwear and a red nightdress.

I walked back into our room and saw Matteo already laying on the bed waiting for me. His eyes scanned over my whole body and a smirk appeared on his face.
"Trying to seduce me?", he asked and raised one of his eyebrows.
"Me? Never."

Heading towards my side of the bed I laid down. My back was on the mattress and I was staring straight at the ceiling. Matteo was laying on his side and never took his eyes off me.

"You haven't shown me the drawings you made today.", he stated. Turning around on my side to face him I answered.
"I will show you some day. But not today. And don't even think about trying to find my sketchbook because I have hid it.", I warned him.

"Why won't you show me?" Curiosity took over his facial expressions and I was able to see a cute frown forming on his face.
"I doubt you will like them."

"Nonsense, you know I love your drawings. At least tell me what you drew.", he commanded.
"I only draw things that I find beautiful and that I love. That's all you need to know.", I told him.
"Fine. Promise me to show me soon, ok?"
"I promise.", I assured making him smile.

If he saw my drawings he would now what I was saying..I meant that I love him. It may sound weird that I feel this way so fast but I can't help it. It just feels right. And I can't tell him that. He would probably panic and run away. Or worse he would tell me he doesn't feel the same way about me. I'll just have to wait a little more.

"...and I think you will be the most beautiful woman in the room. No, on the entire planet.", he said. Since I was lost in my thoughts I had no idea what he was talking about.
"Sorry, could you repeat that again?"
"Did you zone out again?", he asked and I nodded. "Bad girl." A smirk appeared on his face again.
"Tell me what you were talking about!"

"I was talking about the ball. Clarice, the owner of the boutique that I took you to, send another ball gown. Yeah, I know you already have one but I thought a red one would suit you even better than the blue gown she gave you first.", he explained.
"I'm going to trust your taste then."

"Just my taste? Or did I win your trust back completely?", he asked while looking nervous and running a hand through his hair down his neck.

Matteo told me that he knew I wouldn't trust him after what he left me alone with John and didn't believe my story. He said that he won't force me to trust him but truth be told I never stopped trusting him. I understand why he didn't believe me and thought those pictures of me and John were telling the truth. After what happened in his life I would have had a hard time trusting others too. The only second I doubted him was when he took me to the woods this morning because it really looked like the perfect opportunity to kill me.

"I never stopped trusting you.", I stated. Matteos eyes lit up and he smiled from ear to ear causing me to giggle at his facial expression.
"You have no idea how happy that makes me."

"Oh, I do. It's written all over your handsome face.", I chuckled.
"So, you think my face is handsome?", he said with a stupid smirk on his lips.
"That's all you heard, great." I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to close the window, ok? It's freaking cold inside."
"Of course go ahead."