Chapter 5

"What? Why? I did what you asked me to do!"

"You have. But there are some complications.", Mr. Jerk said.

"What complications? The cop believed me. They won't suspect anything.", I stated confidentially.

"He said that he will call you if they have other questions. Since I don't trust you I am forced to keep you with us."

Am I having a nightmare again? This can't be real.

"I promise I won't tell them about all of you. Just let me go."

"Quit arguing.", he commanded. His ocean blue eyes are turning dark once again.
Without another word he grabbed my suitcase that I packed earlier and went out through the front door. When did he even get my suitcase? And why??

"Just follow him. You will stay at the penthouse.", Cristian told me. "Oh, and behave." He winked at me with that beautiful smile on his face.
"Thanks.", I mumbled while walking past him trying to keep up with Mr. Jerks pace. Putting up a fight won't work anyway.

He threw my suitcase in the trunk of an expensive looking black BMW. Then Mr. Jerk opened the door and sat down on the drivers seat. Waiting for me I opened the other door and sat down on the passenger seat. Cristian stood at the entrance of the house and waved at me. Just when I wanted to wave back Mr. Jerk hit the gas making the car tires squeak.

Immediately I grabbed the door frame. Does he want to kill us? There is no reason to go over the speed limit. Not surprising at all the car ride was quiet. The only thing I kept thinking about was what will happen if we get to the penthouse. How long do I have to stay with him? But most importantly.... who is he? He doesn't seem like a normal debt collector.

After an insanely quiet thirty minute ride we reached a parking garage that belongs to the building where his penthouse is located. He parked the car got out and closed the door aggressively. Poor car. He treats you badly. When I got out as well I saw him already walking towards an elevator with my suitcase. Who is he to tell me that I have bad manners, huh?!

Running towards him he already entered the elevator. Luckily I reached it just in time before the doors closed. The elevator went up and came to a stop. The doors opened again leading straight into the main hall of the penthouse.

"Follow me. I will show you to your room.", Mr. Jerk told me gaining my attention. We walked down a long hall. At the end of it were two doors. One on the left and one on the right.

He went into the room on the left and I followed him like most of today. Just put a leash on me. That would make it even easier for you, asshole.
I was so focused on ranting in my head that I didn't pay attention to where I was going. And I stumbled right into him. He looked into my eyes. If glances could kill I would definitely be dead.

His gaze made me uncomfortable and I quickly looked around the room we entered. My eyes widened at the sight. There was a big white queen sized bed, a white wardrobe and drawer, a makeup stand and a walk-in closet. Next to the bed was another door that probably leads to a bathroom. A golden chandelier hung from the ceiling. It looked straight out of an Ikea magazine.

"Oh wow", I whispered quietly. In return he frowned looking at me.

"You will stay here. Don't break anything. My room is across from yours. Don't ever go there." He truly is charming. No wonder that I love men.

"How long will I stay here?"

"As long as I say.", he turned around ready to walk away.