Chapter 32

I quickly got up and was lucky that Russo took off my chains yesterday. When I reached the door I gripped the handle and pushed it down. But the door didn't open. Looking around to find something my gaze went to a glass of water.

As I walked over to the corner dizziness rushed through my whole body. I put an arm against the wall to steady myself and finally reached the glass. Smashing it onto the ground it shattered into a few pieces. Grabbing the biggest one I stood with my back against the wall waiting for anyone to come and get me.

Footsteps came closer and closer until they reached the door. Then I heard keys and the door unlocked. One of the man who kicked me in my stomach entered the room. He walked towards me with an angry expression on his face.

Without thinking I rammed the broken piece of glass in his leg and he screamed loudly but against my expectations he didn't fell onto the floor.

"You fucking bitch!", he yelled at me and shoved my head against the wall. "You're coming with me!", he said as he grabbed my arm in a painful hold.
"Never!", I screamed back and tried to wiggle out of his hold but there was no use.

I was barely standing steady and with every move I made my vision became blurry. It didn't help at all that the asshole pushed my head against the wall probably causing a slight concussion. I felt blood running down my hair so I decided it is best to go along with it. Letting him lead me out of the room we started walking down a long hall.

Screams and gunshots continued to be heard through the whole building. That asshole dragged me around a corner into another hallway when I stopped walking. Everything was spinning and I couldn't see anything in front of me.

"Come on. Walk.", he said.
"I-I can't.", my voice came out just above a whisper.
"I'm not going to discuss this shit with you. Move."

As his grip on my arm tightened he started walking again. I tried keeping up with him when my legs gave up. Crashing down on the floor I let out a scream full of pain. My ribs were burning and I couldn't breathe properly.

The asshole however didn't care and dragged me by my arm while I was still laying on the floor. Then we entered another room which looked like an office. Russo sat on a chair looking down at me.

"Can't walk anymore?", Russo asked with satisfaction in his voice.
"Go to hell,", I spat back.
"Oh, I will one day. Just not today."
"You will today! Let me guess..Matteo is here, right?! And your men are dying one after the other.", I stated.
"He is here. And you will die right in front of his eyes.", he chuckled.

Before I could react or say anything Russo stood up and walked towards me. He pulled me up by my hair and dragged me out of the room again. As we entered the hallway he pushed my back against his chest. One of his hands was around my throat while the other hand held a gun to my head.

Russo strode through the hallway without any worries while his guard was with his back to us making sure that no one gets the chance to kill us. We got closer to a door and were only a few inches away from it when a deep voice stopped us.

"The further you walk the more painful your death will be.", said a loud and angry familiar voice. Russo turned around with me shielding his body when my gaze fell on Matteo.

The second our eyes connected I began to tear up. To be honest he looks like he had a rough time as well. There were deep bags underneath his eyes which were also red. He looked sleep deprived and his hair was messier than it normally looked like.

We all heard other footsteps approaching us and then a sudden bang. Matteos father came in view and shot Russo's bodyguard. The man instantly fell to the ground and stopped moving. A bullet was right between his eyes.