Chapter 9

Upon hearing the loud bang I rushed out of my room into the direction where it was coming from. When I saw what caused it, more specifically who caused it, I groaned. Matteo was clearly drunk and knocked a vase down while he stumbled on the way to his room.

I quickly went over to him putting one of his arms around my shoulder to steady him. He lightly pushed me away. "I don't need your help.", Matteo said coldly.

Jerk. I wanted to be nice and help him but he can't take it. Is he too good to accept help? A second later he took another step down the hall that leads to his room and fell. I tried to catch him but wasn't successful. He was too big and heavy. Instead of catching him I fell down along with him.

"Ouch! Yeah, you're right. You don't need any help.", I said while grunting. Matteo landed on top of me and didn't move. Trying to push him away didn't help. He just laid on top of me, mumbling something I wasn't able to hear or make out.

"Do you mind getting up?", I asked him.
"Actually I do.", he answered me but rolled down from me laying on the cold floor.

"Come on. Let's get you to your bed." Reaching out a hand to him I hoped he would accept it. Of course he didn't. "Mr. Rizzo if you don't take my hand I will run away right now. You know you won't be able to catch me in this condition."

Matteo frowned at me and immediately reached out for my hand. Seems like he really is afraid I will tell the cops about him and his men. Pulling him up was a struggle but after a few tries he was finally back up on his feet with one arm around my shoulder. I put an arm around his waist and started walking with him towards his room.

With walking I mean stumbling the whole hallway down. I wonder why he drank so much. Or if that will happen often. At least he does not seem aggressive when he's drunk.

Reaching his room we stood in front of his bed and I carefully put him down. "I'll be right back.", I told him rushing back to the kitchen to get him a glass of water. Entering his room again he laid on his bed and looked up to me. I raised the glass to him but he shook his head. "Take it." My voice sounded demanding. He observed me carefully still hesitating to grab the glass. "Don't worry I'm not going to poison you."

Matteo rolled his eyes and finally took it. He chucked the water down quickly. Setting the glass down on his nightstand he stared into my eyes again. I couldn't read the expression on his face but something was visible. An emotion I don't know yet. Clearly something other than his usual expression. No anger, coldness or annoyance.

"You should rest now. I will leave.", I said getting up from his bed that I was sitting on. Then I felt him grabbing my hand. A shock of electricity went through my whole body and I turned my head around to look at him. Before I could say anything he pulled me down on his bed laying me beside him.

"If I die because of alcohol poising or chocking there won't be anyone who will protect you.", he stated wrapping his arms around my waist and pushing my head against his chest. I tried to get out of his hold but my attempt caused him to tighten his grip. There was no use of trying so I gave in. After a few minutes my eyelids began to feel heavy.

He is the first man I met that doesn't get aggressive ore abusive while he's drunk. Maybe he's not that bad after all. Those were my last thoughts before falling asleep in his arms.

———

When I woke up he was still asleep. This was my chance to get out of his hold. And I was right he was heavily sleeping and I was able to put his arms away and climb out of his bed. I went over to my room brushed my teeth and changed into a black leggings paired with another oversized hoodie. After that I brushed my hair and applied a light amount of makeup.