Chapter 8

"Emmy? What are you doing here?!", Amy screamed at us.
The three of us immediately turned around and looked at her. Matteos grip on my arm tightened. I bet he's afraid I would tell her something or run away. But he quickly let go of my arm as soon as Amy came over to hug me.
"Amy. I missed you so much." I hugged her back tightly. "I'm here with my friends."

Her eyes went over to Matteo and Cristian. For what ever reason her eyes were drawn to Cristian who stood there with a boyish grin on his face. Back off, boy. Play with your heart and I'll cut off your dick.

"Your friends? I never saw you with them. You never even spoke about them."
"I know I'm sorry I didn't mention them earlier. This is Mr. Jerk and yes you can call him that too.." I said pointing at Matteo who looked like he was ready to throw a punch right in my face making me giggle, "and this is Cristian." I pointed at him. "Mr. Jerk, Cristian..this is my best friend Amy."
"Nice to meet you Amy.", Cristian said with the same smile still on his face.
"Nice to meet you too.", she replied and blushed. No. No. No. You drool over every guy but please not over him. He's dangerous. Run, girl, run.

"Sorry to interrupt. Here are your keys, Mr. Rizzo. Don't forget my offer.", the receptionist winked at him.
"Mr. Rizzo?", Amy said. She looked shocked and scared at the same time. Wait. Does she know about him? That he is a mafia boss?
"Yes, that would be me.", Matteo said coldly.
"Uh, it's an honor to meet you. I am your new event planner here. We haven't had the chance to meet yet but I'm looking forward working for and with you."
"Likewise." Well this is awkward. Just then the two bellhops put our suitcases down and Amy's gaze went straight to my suitcase. She clearly recognised it.

"Are you living here now? God, I was so worried. This morning I went to your apartment only to see it burning down. The only reason I didn't freak out was that you texted me shortly after. But you still haven't answered my text. What the hell happened there?"
"Excuse me what? Tell me you're joking." Disbelief was recognisable in my voice.
"I'm not. You didn't know? Where were you?"
"I was with them.", I said pointing at Cristian and Matteo.

"So you stayed at their place? Is that the reason you weren't at your apartment for the past few days?"
"Yeah, sorry I didn't tell you. That creep from the other day threatened me again and I didn't feel safe alone. They were nice enough to let me stay with them and kept me safe.", I said looking at the two men standing beside me. Matteo looked annoyed from our long conversation. I couldn't help but smile. "Why are you here? I thought your first day working here is on Monday."

"To answer your question her suitcase is here because we're staying here. We actually have to go now.", Mr. Jerk said to Amy and grabbed our things. He walked towards an elevator not waiting for me or Cristian. I guess my question will remain unanswered.
"Don't mind his behaviour. He isn't really talkative.", Cristian told Amy while scratching the back of his head.
"I'll text you later, ok?", I asked her.
"No. You will CALL me later.", Amy demanded with a dreading expression.

Hugging her I quickly assured her that I would call later. Then Cristian and I followed Matteo. We were standing in a private elevator that led to the top floor. Upon reaching the top floor we got out and entered a penthouse suite similar to the penthouse I stayed in the last few days.

"Shit. Shit. SHIT.", Cristian screamed. "Sorry guys I have to leave you alone. I promised Sofie and Pietro to take care of Lukas while they go out on a date. If I don't go know I'll be late. Bye." He hurried outside not even waiting for a response.

"Follow me. I'll show you your room." Matteo said and walked away. I followed him like I always do. He is the definition of cold.
He never shows emotions and if he does it's anger or annoyance. Nothing else. And he always bosses me around. Go there. Do that. Follow me. Don't do this don't do that. Just once he could be nice and wait for me. But here I am running behind him trying to keep up with his pace because his definition of walking is my definition of jogging. God, I hate him.