Chapter 33

Matteos POV

"Emily. Don't leave me!", I yelled as her breathing stopped. She looked pale and lifeless. I started to shake her but there was no reaction. Emily is dead. All I was able to do now is take her in my arms and hug her tightly. My most precious angel is gone.

Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulder and yanked me back which caused my grip on Emily to vanish. Her body sank back down to the floor. Looking up I saw Pietro still holding my shoulder while Raffael picked up Emily bridal style.

"Don't fucking touch her! What are you doing?!", I yelled.
"Trying to bring her back to life!", Raffael screamed back at me. Then he left the building with my angel.

I was still on my knees as some tears escaped my eyes. Looking down I tried to hide my emotions. I'm still a mafia leader and nobody should see me weak or crying. Even if the only people around me are my dad and Pietro. They still shouldn't see me like that.

"Matteo come on we have to leave.", my fathers voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I got up and left without saying another word. After I finally reached my car I slumped down on the seat and released a shaky breath.

Raffael won't be able to save her. She's dead. How can I live without her? After all it's my fault. I'm the reason she's gone. I brought her into this life without her knowing. I was selfish and stupid and she had to suffer for that.

"Get to the passenger seat. I'll drive.", Pietros voice startled me. Looking to my left he was waiting for me to get out of the car and to the other side. I did what he said and was now sitting on the passenger seat.
"She's gone.", I mumbled as my head was buried in my hands and my elbows were rested on my knees for support. The car started moving.
"Raffael is taking her to the best hospital and doctor in Italy. If there's any chance she could survive the doctor will do everything to get her back to life.", Pietro stated.
"My angel will d-die because of m-me.", I whispered while tears started rolling down my cheeks once again.
"It wasn't your fault. She decided to give her life in order for you to live.", he told me.

I snapped my gaze to him. Pietro was staring straight ahead focusing on the road. My jaw clenched and I couldn't help but ball my hands into fists.

"IT IS MY FUCKING FAULT! I brought her into this life. If I had let her go the day we met she wouldn't be dying right now!", I screamed. Pietro flinched at my sudden outburst and widened his eyes.
"Matteo she wanted to-"
"I don't care. I wanted to die for her! Do you know what I found in her room? Fucking drawings of me and one of us together! And she said she would only draw things she find beautiful and that she loves. Emily is so fucking talented. If she got the chance to live I'm sure she could have become a great artist. My angel would be able to do something that's good. But I'm alive and I don't do anything good. It should have been me!", I screamed again.

"Have faith. Angels don't die that easily. Besides she doesn't know you called her your queen yet which means everyone else should call her that too. Cristian once said to me how Emily threatened him and told him to be careful because one day he would possibly have to call her a queen. She would totally love knowing that she was right.", Pietro stated.
"Yes she would.", I chuckled. Closing my eyes I could see her pretty face right in front of me. Her long silky brown hair. Her smile and beautiful lips. Her breathtakingly captivating blue eyes. I could even hear her laugh.

After an one hour drive we arrived at the hospital. Raffael took Emily here hoping that doctor would be able to safe her. But I have my doubts. I felt her breathing stop and her heartbeat vanish. I saw her life draining away. The paleness and cold taking over her body.

Stepping out of the car we walked inside and got to the reception. As I was looking around the waiting room I saw my entire inner circle sitting there. Sofie, Cristian, my mom and lastly my father who entered the hospital after us. Pietro was still standing right beside me and Raffael came over to me. Everyone was here. And it felt like we were here to say goodbye.