Chapter 20

Matteos POV

Walking out of my room I needed a second to get a grip. The kiss was intense. I never felt this way before. Something about Emily makes me want more. All my life I have slept with women and didn't spend a second thought about them the next day. However now I found myself getting attached to a woman. To Emily.

When that asshole John told me he was engaged to my angel I was furious. No one deserves her. She is nice no matter what. Even when I treated her like shit she stoop up for me to my father the very first day they met.

The first moment I laid my eyes on her gorgeous face back in the coffee shop I knew she had to be mine and I'm not letting her go ever again.

I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen where Raffael, Cristian and Pietro were waiting for me with a weird expression on their faces.

"What?", I snapped at them.
"You tend to overreact today. Someone is clearly into Emily.", Raffael said smirking at me.
"I'm not overreacting and I'm not into her.", I stated.
"Yeah he's not into her. I mean who would want someone like her? She's an annoying disrespectful bitch and on top of that she's not even beautiful.", Cristian said.

His statement made me furious. Feeling my anger rising I balled my hands into fists and clenched my jaw ready to give him a piece of my mind. "Don't you dare to ever speak about her like that again! She is the most kind and beautiful human being and I'm going to fucking kill you the next time you disrespect her again!"

The three men standing in front of me smiled and Cristian spoke up again. "Got you! I knew it!"
"We all knew that.", Pietro chuckled.
"Yeah it wasn't that hard to notice.", Raffael added.

"Don't forget who the boss is. I'm not here to put up with your shit. Honestly I'm fucking close to getting rid of all of you.", I stated angrily. Why was I too stupid to notice that Cristian provoked me intentionally?
"You would never because you love us too much.", Cristian said while pulling me into a brotherly hug.

Sometimes they get on my nerves. In this business being childish and emotional could be your sentence of death. But Cristian is right. They are my family and I do care for them. After all I have know them since childhood. Our parents were friends and we spent a lot of time together. Especially Cristian is like a brother to me. He was always there for me and respected every decision I made.

"Who can cook? We need to make Emily something for dinner.", I stated snapping out of my thoughts.
"Let me take care of it while the two idiots give you a briefing of what is going on with the Russo's.", Pietro answered. I nodded and we sat down at the kitchen island.

"So, Lorenzo Russo is out for blood. He wants to be the most powerful Italian mafia which means you have to go down. As you already know he wants Emily dead. Russo thinks that you will loose your mind and step down if she dies.", Raffael started.
"Our last shipment with drugs has disappeared. Somehow Russo's men took out the two guards that were responsible for our shipment. We lost a lot of money but returned the favor. Raffael and I were able to steal two of their shipments and killed two of their men. An eye for an eye, right?", Cristian chuckled.

"Well done. Were you able to find out what else they are planning?", I asked.
"No. We tried to get some information out of the two men but they didn't know anything. They only told us about other shipments and the dates they will arrive.", Raffael answered.

"Cristian, I want you to track down Johns location. When you find him bring him to the warehouse. I'm going to make sure he will regret ever laying a fucking hand on her.", I said turning my gaze towards him.
"I will boss. Can I have some fun with him too?", Cristian asked with a smirk in his face.
"As long as he is still breathing and able to see you can do whatever you want til I get there."