Chapter 14

"I want to stay.", I cut in not letting his father finish his sentence.

That single statement caught all their attention. Matteo and his parents immediately looked at me. And I don't know if I'm seeing things but they looked relieved and kind of happy. It's probably my imagination. The only person that would actually be happy if I stay would be Giorgia.

"Oh, Emily. I'm so glad you're staying.", his mother said and came over to hug me.
"I'm glad too.", I giggled.

"I guess I'll show you your own room then. There's no need to share one since they already know we're not together.", Matteo said coldly.
He pushed his chair back and got up walking towards the door. "Are you coming?"
I nodded and silently followed him.

Once again my room was opposite from his. It looked almost the exact same. The only difference was the view out of the window. From my room I could see the flower garden in some distance.

"Why did you decided to stay?", he asked me and raised an eyebrow.
"You can't imagine the reason?", I asked him back. I will never ever get tired of pissing him off. His face was full of irritation and annoyance. Guess he always expects others to answer his questions without talking back.

"Do you think I would ask you if I can?"
"I'm staying because that way I can annoy you even more. I won't stop and you yourself gave me the opportunity. Thanks for that by the way.", I said while smiling brightly at him.

His eyes immediately went dark and anger took over his face. Then he came closer to me and bend down to my face. His breath tickled my cheek which started to feel hot.

"You staying here doesn't mean that I will accept your disrespectful and disobedient behavior. Talk back, disobey or disrespect me and there will be punishment. Don't forget it.", he threatened me and then went out of my room.

I release a deep breath and entered the bathroom to splash cold water on my face. Why am I blushing? I asked myself. Then I took a hot shower and put on a nightdress.
Walking over to my bed I hopped on and made myself comfortable.

After closing my eyes I quickly fell asleep.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

He came towards me and grabbed my hair harshly causing me to let out a painful scream.

"You are the most useless, disgusting and ugly person I know.", he said and threw a punch to my jaw. I stumbled back and lost my balance. Falling on the floor I started crying. He came closer and kicked my stomach once. Then again. And again. Pain rushed through my whole body and breathing became harder by the second.

"Please stop it hurts.", I begged him. I just can't do this anymore.

"Shut up, you piece of shit.", he said and yanked me up by my hair. Next he rammed my head against his desk a couple of times. My vision became blurry and I felt a warm liquid running down my head. It was blood that is now dripping on the floor.

"Look what mess you made! You're going to clean that up real fast.",he screamed at me.
Trying to get up everything started to became blurry. I was feeling dizzy but I kept walking. When I reached the door to get a cloth I stumbled and fell onto the floor.