Chapter 1

I was hiding in my closet. Breathing heavily. My hands were shaking. If he gets me I'm dead. I knew that as soon as I looked in his eyes this evening. Trying to calm myself down I thought about what my mom always used to tell me.

She said that no matter what I am strong. That I have to fight. That I should never give up. That there is light in the darkness. There is always hope. Hope for a better day, for a better life, for people that will love you unconditionally , that will support and care for you. Was that true? I don't know. But I believe in my mom. I believe she watches from above. And because of that I have to be strong.

Suddenly I heard footsteps coming to the closet. It caused me to snap out of my thoughts. My eyes were wide open. I knew what was coming for me. He will destroy me. He will destroy every hope I have left. The closet door was opened roughly. His eyes locked with mine. All I could see was anger. Hatred.
—————————————————————————————————————————————

As soon as my alarm went off at 7am I groaned. Why, oh why do I have to go to work. Don't get me wrong. I want to work. But not there. The coffee shop is horrible. It's old and crappy. The only reason I work there is that I have no other option. I need the money. On the positive side the shit hole caused me to meet Amy. She is the only person that cares about me.

On the other hand my boss is a freaking pervert. He tried to get every employee in his bed. Yuck. Thankfully he has stopped to make moves on us because his wife saw him flirting to Becky, another employee. Serves him right, I thought.

After getting up I headed straight to the bathroom with the work uniform in my hands. Looking at my reflection in the mirror made me upset. My brown long hair looked like a bird nest. Under my blue eyes were heavy dark circles. Displeased with my whole appearance and body I started brushing my hair and teeth. Next I applied a little bit of makeup to achieve a natural look. Lastly I put on my work uniform that I took with me last night to clean it.

The uniform consist of a black skirt that ends mid thigh and a white top that sadly shows way too much cleavage for my liking. Here I stood looking at the mirror again. Still not liking the sight in front of me.

Sighing I left the bathroom and entered the kitchen to prepare myself breakfast. Since I was in the mood for bacon and scrambled eggs I searched the fridge for every ingredient that is needed. Thank god I went grocery shopping two days ago. When I finally finished cooking I enjoyed the breakfast while smiling like an idiot. What can I say? I am proud that I can cook. At least one thing that I can do right.

Looking at my phone screen my eyes widened. Shit it's already 8:40am. Which means there are only twenty minutes left til my shift starts. I quickly grabbed my bag, went out of the apartment and locked the door. The only option I have left is to run. Otherwise I won't make it in time and the lecture I got from my boss yesterday is more than enough for the next month. With that thought I started running as fast as I can.

When I made it halfway to the coffee shop I needed a break. Running is the worst kind of exercise. Who enjoys that? Workouts are fun but running? Hell no. My lungs are not build for that. As I continued to walk I looked at my phone again. Ten minutes left. That seems doable if I start to run again.

Groaning in pain because my lungs are screaming at me not to do it, I listened to my head. Starting to run again while putting my phone away I ran into a wall. Yes, a real wall. A freaking brick wall.

The impact with the wall caused me to fall down. "Ouch. What the hell?!", I screamed giving the wall a death stare. Great way to start the day, I thought while rubbing my head.