Chapter 24

Back to Emilys POV

The past week was horrible. I missed Matteo so freaking much. It may sound stupid because after all I did see him every day but it wasn't the same. We didn't spend a lot of time together and I just wanted him to hold me and talk about literally anything. He knows a lot about me but I don't know much about him.

I busied myself with reading some Wattpad books, drawing and enjoying the flower garden and sea. I even planted some new flowers. Black roses to be precise. There was something about the color black that I loved. Especially black roses are unique and look amazing. Red ones are beautiful too. They are just classic.

Other than that Pietro, Raffael and Cristian came by. Not together. They always showed up alone and I had the feeling that Matteo told them to visit me because he didn't want me to feel alone. Pietro always mentioned that I have to join him, Sofie and Lukas for dinner and I agreed to go there on Friday. Raffael and I spend most time baking or cooking something. He was very grateful for me showing him new recipes.

And Cristian told me great news. Amy will move to Italy in a month. They still keep in touch and he even flew back to New York to visit her. Cristian is madly in love and is planning every detail for the move. Spending time with the three men was nice. I finally feel like I have friends that care about me, besides Amy of course.

Today I decided to bake a chocolate cake. Cristian told me it always has been Matteos favorite and I thought it would be a good idea to surprise him with that after work. He won't be home for dinner so at least he can have a dessert. Yes, I also thought this way we would have more time together. Let's face it I am selfish sometimes.

I was still in the kitchen cleaning everything that I used when I heard his car pull up. Quickly I dried my hands and hid behind a corner waiting for him to arrive and scare him. Matteo entered the villa with a smile on his face and looked around. Then his smile vanished and he looked sad. Aww my poor baby.

He took one step towards the kitchen when I jumped around the corner.
"Boo!", I screamed. Seeing him jump slightly I couldn't suppress my laughter.
"EMILY!", he yelled. While I was still laughing he launched towards me and I ran away as fast as I could letting out a squeal. "You have been a very bad girl. I will find you!", Matteo screamed.

I ran into the kitchen and couldn't stop giggling. As he entered the kitchen his gaze fell on my eyes and he walked towards me with his eyes turning dark. When he reached me I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared at him. Matteo bend down and connected his lips with mine. The kiss was filled with anger and passion. He was kissing me roughly and suddenly I felt a hard slap on my ass causing me to gasp. Taking that as his opportunity he pushed his tongue in my mouth and dominated the kiss. Heat rushed through my whole body and I felt my knees getting weak. Then he pulled away resting his forehead against mine.

"Would a bad girl bake your favourite cake?", I whispered.
"What are you talking about? I never told you which cake I like the most.", he stated with his eyebrows furrowed.
"I asked Cristian."

"Why would you ask him such silly thing?", Matteo questioned me.
"Because I wanted to surprise you with something you love. Maybe it'll sweeten your day.", I said.
"You are my sweetener.", he stated looking deep into my eyes. Our foreheads still rested against each other's.

"Ok then I can eat the whole cake on my own." Pulling away I turned to the kitchen island and walked towards the cake.

"Wait. You already baked it?", he said looking at me and then at the cake with a shocked expression on his face. I nodded. "You truly are an angel. Thank you so much." He walked over to me and pulled me into a tight hug.