Chapter 27

Waking up I felt Matteo brushing my hair out of my face. I still had my eyes closed and pretended to be asleep. He caressed my cheek softly and placed a kiss on my forehead. Then he mumbled something to himself that I wasn't able to hear. Slowly opening my eyes I smiled up at him.

"Good morning angel. How are you feeling?", he asked with a bright grin on his face.
"I'm feeling amazing. And you?"
"I am feeling fulfilled." The grin was still on his face when he leaned down to me and gave me a peck on my lips. "Are you hungry?"
"Yes. I'll quickly change and go make some breakfast.", I told him.
"You could also join me in the shower.", he said with a wink.
"You wish."

Getting up I went into my room to put on a jeans and blouse. After I pulled up my hair into a messy bun I applied some makeup and brushed my teeth. Looking at the mirror I was pleased with my appearance and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

Once I reached the kitchen I started making scrambled eggs and bacon. At the same time I pressed fresh orange juice and took out some toast. Setting everything down on the kitchen island I waited for Matteo. A few minutes later he still didn't come and I was getting slightly impatient. I turned around to the stove and grabbed the pan to clean it. Suddenly I felt big warm arms wrapping around my stomach from behind and a hard chest pressing against my back.

"You smell good.", Matteo said as he snuggled his head in the crook of my neck. Then he started placing soft kisses all over my neck.
"Breakfast is ready, we should eat.", I whispered while closing my eyes and enjoying his touch and kisses.

But he didn't pull away. His arms remained wrapped around my stomach. Matteo continued kissing my collarbone and shoulder.

"Aren't you two cute.", a female voice snapped us out of our intimate moment. I quickly pushed him away and turned around to see who was talking. My gaze fell on Matteos parents. I didn't know they were coming back today.

Giorgia was looking incredibly happy while Davide had his eyebrows furrowed. His mom came over to us and hugged Matteo tightly. Then she pulled me into a hug and smiled.

"I missed you.", she said addressing Matteo.
"Mom, you spoke to me almost every day.", he said.
"That's not the same.", she exclaimed.

Davide came over to us and stopped for a moment before pulling me and Matteo into a quick hug. People can change.

"It's good to see you two again.", he stated. Matteo looked so confused not understanding the change in the way his father treats him.
"I guess it's got to see you too.", Matteo said with a frown on his face.
"I'm so excited to hear about your vacation. Let's go and have breakfast. Luckily I made enough.", I spoke up gaining everyone's attention.
"Let me help you.", Davide offered and took some plates and silverware to the dining room. I followed with the food in my hands. Matteo and Giorgia gave each other confused and questioning gazes before following us to the dining room.

As soon as we sat down I started eating. Yesterdays activities made me hungry. Everyone else grabbed some food too and the room fell silent. This time it was comfortable silence and I had to smile seeing Matteos father finally warming up and accepting his true feelings.

After half an hour we finished eating and let Mary (the maid) clean up the dishes. Matteo, his parents and I went to the living room and sat down on the couch.

Giorgia connected her phone to the tv and showed us a lot of pictures. And with a lot I mean almost three hundred. She was clearly obsessed with everything.

She and her husband told us about everything they did. From taking a tour around the island to renting a boat and sailing while the sun was setting. They obviously enjoyed being away without caring about safety and dealing with work.