Chapter 18

I am dead.

It was no other than my ex boyfriend. John was sitting at another table not far away from mine. I could feel my hands began to shake as soon as my eyes landed on him.

What is he doing here in Italy? Is he searching for me? Did he already saw me? Thinking about what he could possible be doing here my breathing became hectic and I started to panic.

"What is wrong?", Matteo asked me. One of his eyebrows was raised as he started at me.
"N-nothing. I just have to go to the bathroom.", I answered him while getting up.

Walking towards the direction of the restrooms John spotted me. As he looked into my eyes I felt all the pain coming back. Running into the women's bathroom I locked myself into a stall and broke down crying and shaking heavily. Panic and fear rushed through my whole body and I was unable to stop it.

After ten minutes I calmed down and walked back to the table. Matteo was impatiently waiting for me and looking at him I knew he was angry. Out of the corner of my eye I was able to see John watching every step I took.

"Can we please leave? I'm not feeling well.", I said to Matteo as soon as I reached our table. He looked at me furious. Maybe because I was letting him wait for so long.
"Yes. Get in the car."

We left the restaurant and drove back to the villa. Matteo didn't say anything throughout the whole car ride and I was getting confused at his behaviour. He drove faster than usual making me a little scared that something happened.

"I'm sorry I took so long. Is everything alright?", I asked him.
"Nothing is alright. I don't tolerate liars."
"What are you talking about?" I looked at him even more confused than I already was. But he didn't answer. Instead he drove even faster.

Reaching the villa I got out of the car and slowly walked towards the villa. Matteo walked over to me and grabbed my wrist into a painful hold. Then he dragged me upstairs into my room still not letting go of my wrist that was now starting to hurt.

"Can you let go of me?", I asked him. He didn't move and stared into my eyes with anger written all over his face. "Please, you're hurting me." Tears we're building up in my eyes from the sharp pain and fear from seeing John again. I don't even know why he let me get away and didn't make a scene.

There was hate visible in Matteos eyes as he looked at me. Then he shoved all of my things into a suitcase and I just stood there dumbfounded.

"What are you doing with my stuff?", I asked but he remained silent. When he finished he grabbed my wrist harshly again and dragged me back outside. Throwing my suitcase in the trunk of his car he gestured me to get in.

"What is going on?" Refusing to get in I stood in front of the passenger side. Matteo walked to the door opened it and pushed me in.
As soon as he got in on the driver seat he drove off again.

"Can you please tell me what's going on? You're scaring me.", I told him.
"I do not tolerate liars. You know what happens if someone lies to me."
"You're going to kill me? For what? I didn't lie to you, what are you talking about?"
"Are you taken?", he asked coldly.
"Taken as in having a boyfriend?"
"Yes. Answer.", he said angrily clenching his jaw.

"I'm not."
"There's the lie. If I were your fiancé I would kill you for kissing another man."
"What are you taking about? You're not making any sense. I'm single like a Pringle."

He was silent again but his anger was increasing with every passing second. Then he pulled up on a lonely road.
"GET OUT!", he screamed at me making me flinch. I did what he told me to do since there was no use of arguing.