Chapter 7

When I entered the kitchen a broken glass was laying on the ground. Next to the glass was a little kid reaching out for the broken fragments. Right in time I stopped him. "Don't pick them up. I'll help you.", I said to prevent the boy from possibly hurting himself.

The boy turned around and looked at me. "Thank you." Then his eyes went wide just like mine. "You're the nice Lady from the park." I had to chuckle at his words.

"Hey Lukas. What are you doing here?", I asked him curiously.
"I'm here with my mommy to meet my dad." Dad? Is Matteo his dad? That would mean he actually has a heart. Or at least loved someone. Lukas mother, Sofie, is probably his wife. He is a father. I can't believe it. HE is a father...I'm speechless. Mr. Jerk has a son. A son that is sweet and polite. How did that happen?

Bending down I started to pick some broken fragments of the glass up. "Did you go to the butterfly house?"

"Yes mommy and I went there yesterday." Lukas looked at me with a bright smile in his face. Then he continued "There were soooo many butterflies."

"Did you like it?", I asked while picking some other broken pieces up.

"I loved it. It was so cool. I already told mommy that we have to go there again." Looking at him I had to smile. Happiness was written all over his face.

Distracted by the smalltalk I picked up another piece and accidentally cut my left hand. I hissed in pain. "Shit.", I mumbled quiet enough for Lukas not to hear.

"Oh no. Y-you're bleeding. W-what can I-I do?" He started to panic unsure on how to help me or what to do.

"It's fine. There's no need to worry. Ok?"

"Pinky promise?", Lukas raised his right pinky. In return I nodded and raised mine as well. That made him smile and calm down. Phew. I don't know how to act with kids panicking.

Throwing the last broken piece away that I still held in my left hand I went to the sink. Rinsing the blood of my hand hurt. Because Lukas was watching I didn't say anything. The cut was deeper than anticipated and I definitely need a bandage. My gaze went to a a paper towel. Thank god. That will work for now. Taking the paper towel I pressed it against the cut to stop the bleeding. Lukas was next to me and watch every move I made with a cute little frown on his face.

"Lukas? Baby where are you?", I heard Sofie call out in the hallway.
"I'm in the kitchen!", he yelled back. Shortly after, Sofie entered the kitchen and spotted me.

"Emily, right?", she asked and I nodded. "It's nice to see you again. But what are you doing here?" Oh no, she probably thinks that I'm stealing Matteo away from her.

Ready to talk I opened my mouth when I got rudely interrupted. "She has to stay here. Pietro didn't tell you about the girl?", Mr. Jerk said.

Just in that moment Pietro entered the kitchen. "I told her. I just didn't use any names. How do you two even know each other?", he asked looking at me and Sofie with a raised eyebrow.

"She was the woman at the park that helped our little boy. You should thank her instead of making her stay here as your kidnapping victim or what ever she's here for.", Sofia commanded Pietro. That means Lukas is Pietros son. Thank god. I really thought Matteo is taken. Not that I care. I'm just happy that there will be no loud moaning in this penthouse.

"You know that's Matteos decision. But thank you Emily I really appreciate what you did." Pietro stated while checking his watch. "Honey, we have to go now. See you two later." Makes sense that he respects women. Sofie, I'm jealous. Nice catch. I thought to myself. He took Sofies hand in his left and Lukas hand in his right.